1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3 v Deus Ex MD (Graphics not gameplay)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 18 Sep 2016.

1. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Just loaded up Crysis 3 to see how my new graphics card and CPU would cope with it @ 1080p.

Finally, I am able to turn every setting up to the limit including MSAA X8 with the frame rate never dropping below 40 and what a glorious site it is.

Onto the new Deus Ex and I can 'get away' with 2XMSAA with everything else maxed and the FPS is between 35-65 or so FPS.
    Things is, Crysis 3 looks about a million times better, particularly the character models which look pretty crap in DEMD.
    Is Deus Ex just poorly optimized or was Crysis 3 a one off?

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Bit of both, I don't think crysis 3 is as special as it was, The Division at max settings looks better than both and it's a big city to explore. As a pure graphics comparison I wonder just how much of this is resolution on my end.

As I just let Nvidia experience set settings. Crysis3 Will go to max but not above 1440p. The division goes to 4K max. Which is boosting a lot of the textures also I would imagine.

Max screen size is 1440p, Nvidia experience uses that image thing to render at 4K in certain titles. Gives quiet a nice quality boost in all honesty.

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

When I got my 780Ti the first thing I did was load up Crysis 3 to see how it ran at 2560x1600. It's hands down the most amazing game I've ever played in terms of graphics alone. I don't think anything else comes close to that level of realism, especially if you're talking about player models, weapon models, pickups etc. and the insane detail/texture resolution. Crysis 3 ticks every box in that regard... shame it's a bit of a sh!t game. :lol:

Bear in mind that the game devs at Crytek put a lot of work into player models even back when Crysis was released, and it's always been something they take pride in. It's designed specifically to be an eye-candy game rather than a player's game.

I agree with rollo that other games are catching up with Crysis 3, but that's no mean feat considering The Division is barely half a year old and Crysis 3 is over three and a half years old. What's more, you really do need the resolution to fully appreciate the potential that Crysis 3 has (and I'm sure the same could be said of most other graphics-oriented games), and if you up the resolution stakes, you will see Crysis 3 in a different light. It really is incredible.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I have to say, now that I've started Deus Ex MD, I really do notice that a) the character models really aren't up to snuff and b) good God the animations are bad.

Edit: I mean, I swear Jensen spends half the time talking to his shoulder.

5. gupsterg

gupsterg What's a Dremel?

Not got Deus EX MD, but month or so ago went 1440P and I swear Crysis 3 made my jaw drop again, so for something 3yrs+ it's still got it :) .