1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by jrs77, 15 Oct 2016.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  2. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

First rule of Vegan Club is the opposite to Fight club!

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Going vegan requires a good bit of effort and a good bit of hassle and compromise I would think. Practicing veganism is also a moral decision be that based on animal servitude, their conditions and their environmental impact. So its not surprising that some of them go on about it a lot. I'm sure they get a bit of stick from omnivores as well, so that's not going to help their antagonism. In other words their holier than thou attitude is not surprising. There are always going to be people like that (not necessarily vegans ) and they tend to be a short minor annoyance at the most. So it gets a meh from me.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Q. How do you spot a Vegan at a party?

A. Don't worry, they'll f***ing let you know!

All joking aside, I've only met three people who identified themselves as Vegans, one of whom was an absolute riot about the whole thing - a very funny guy called Graham Wootton - he left you no doubt about his personal choice but instead of lecturing or attempting to convert others, he had dozens of one liners and piss-takes memorised. The other two people were prototypical "go tell it on the mountain" leaf munchers - absolutely vile, holier than thou tw@ts they were too.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My veggie best mate went on and on about the cruelity of meat to the point of insulting me about my job as a food buyer, well during this time him and anotehr mate were drinking and fighting back..............later found him crying in the toilets!!

Got less preachy since then.

But yeah, through my job I am getting more requests for vegan foods but they pull a premium price and personally, I don't know any veggie or vegan that doesn't earn a high salary.

I do get to try a number of these vegan and veggie foods and found some to down right horrible but some are amazing (for tea I just had 2 vegan burgers).

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

People can and should follow their own beliefs, as said above its when they try and force their views on others i get annoyed.

I eat meat, i also enjoy certain veggie options but i dont go round trying to get veggies to eat meat.

The thing that annoys nme the most is that vegans wont eat free range eggs.

My chicken's live in the garden happily, there isnt a cockerel so any eggs are a bi product, no cruelty is involved so really theres absolutely no reason to not eat the eggs, if anything they'd be left to rot and possibly cause harm to the Chuck's if they decided to eat them ( yes chickens will eat there own eggs and each other if left to it).

7. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Bring 'em on - more bacon for the rest of us !

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

trop extravigant pour le foreplay temps sexy

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:confused:

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You really see that many of them? Really? Where do you live/work?

I get the same **** from Mormon's out here though tbh. They're not hostile though, just invasive.

13. knarF

knarF Noob

As a vegetarian (who's thought - but wimped out - of going vegan on a few occasions) I kinda find this hard to believe. I know there are the in your face irritating vegans, I'm not denying that, but there are these same types of people in all walks of life who believe in all sorts of different things (religion, patriots, racists, feminists, music fans, Apple users...), people can't shut up or stop themselves promoting the things they life/believe in. Welcome to society.

But I have a few vegan/vegetarian friends, most of them I didn't know were v/v until I'd already befriended them. In fact I have a mate who I see on a pretty much weekly basis for either the pub or a gig and is a pretty hardcore vegan, but I didn't even know until we went out to eat somewhere after I'd probably known him for like 6 months or more. I've worked where I do now for a couple years and it was only recently common knowledge, but that brings me to the next point...

It so regularly isn't v/v people who start the conversation, it's meat eaters. Asking questions and gentle ribbing is fine, whenever you do anything that isn't completely normal to the point that everyone does it, you expect that. But I get awful jokes (possible winner is "I'm a vegetarian, I just still eat meat") and ridiculous questions constantly. Which I'm fine with, I'm not insecure. Yet I'm pretty certain I've never told anyone they shouldn't eat meat or made them watch a peta video (not that I'd have anything to do with peta anyway).

Case in point; the OP made a thread moaning about vegans talking about being vegan. Am I the only one seeing the irony in this?

TL;DR
    - everyone talks about what they believe
    - meat eaters talk about vegetarianism more than vegetarians do