1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Urgent - Backlight Bleed issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xaine, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Xaine

Xaine Death... destroyer of brain cells

I say urgent as later today itll be 7 days since I bought my monitor, due to decorating I hadn't had chance to take a look.

I just bought a Asus PG348Q Swift and as soon as I set it up I checked for clouding etc.

There is a glow from all 4 corners and the top left edge.

This is only noticeable with black on screen and the lights in the room turned off, with black on screen and lights on it really isn't noticeable at all except for the top left just a little.

I have no experience with this issue and could really do with some advice from more experienced folk on whether this would generally be an acceptable level of bleed.

Regards

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Two thoughts:

1) Is this a common occurrence in reviews of the monitor?
    2) If the answer to the above is no, get a replacement or refund since it's a premium monitor.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Call ASUS, send it back asap. Try to take a picture evidence if possible.

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

You'll find reviewers tend to get cherry picked units with minimal flaws.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Always and especially with monitors.

Check point of sale reviews imo.

7. Xaine

Thank you all for your replies, it is helping for sure.

It seems all reviews on Amazon from anyone who has actually checked for the issue has found BLB of some level, seem it just a thing with with monitor, most of the bad ones seem to be noticeable with light on which mine isn't. So seems i got an above average one as far as low BLB goes, here's some photos though it looks far worse in the photo with lights off.

Lights on: [​IMG]

Natural dim light (cloudy day): [​IMG]

Dark room (almost pitch): [​IMG]

8. Xaine

Thanks again to everyone who has helped. After much thinking and looking around and then some testing on Warcraft etc its really not noticeable at all while playing, only with a fully black screen with dim lighting in the room.

As I always play with lights on as it strains my eyes otherwise, I don't see it ever getting to me.

So I'm gonna stick with this one.

Ignoring the BLB this is a truly beautiful monitor and would recommend to any who can justify the cost.

On a side note, my MSI 970 is handling this resolution surprisingly well. Still intend to get a 1080, but for the moment the fps has barely dropped. Impressed with this card