1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilliary vs. Trump: The 2016 US Presidental Election

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 27 Sep 2016.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It's sort of funny to hear Donald's son saying it's unthinkable that a candidate is under investigation when his dad has three pending class-action lawsuits against him over Trump University, any of which could find his dad personally liable for fraud.

And his dad's being sued for allegedly raping a minor.

Then his dad's supposed charitable foundation is under investigation by the NY Attorney General for a number of irregular and potentially fraudulent practices.

Apparently Eric's not heard his dad has a potential 75 pending lawsuits hanging over his head.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

How can Eric Trump say that stuff with a straight face? Incredible, quite literally.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Oh, come on, Corky. You should know that mere facts are not enough to dissuade the swivel-eyed loonies who want to see Trump win the election.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Serious question:
    How the flying f*** did we get into this situation? It's not as if the citizens of the USA don't have other choices...

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

because only once , has a none republican or democrat ever won any electoral college votes (1972 - libertarian)

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, well sort of the same thing.

I was wondering why people didn't just vote / elect a better candidate than those two and the only thing i can think of is how no one really wants either of them but ends up voting for one of them because there's a tiny, tiny, chance that enough people would vote for A N Other.

It seems it comes down to everyone (almost) voting against who they see as the worst for fear of the worst getting in, sort of like I'd vote for A N Other but if i do that Clinton / Trump (delete as appropriate) is going to win, almost like people are vote against something and not for something if that makes sense.

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The candidates are selected by the parties and not the general public. You can register as a member of a party and get a sort of say in things, but I believe it is exploitable or controlled by a small few within each party. My knowledge in this area is limited though. But I believe this is basically why the circumstances are the way they are.

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm just going on what i heard on TV but there's more candidates than Trump & Clinton, right?

What i said was me thinking about why people didn't vote for something other than the two main parties.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

Because those who actually elect the president *the electoral college* have already pledged to a candidate

whilst yes , there is more than 2 on the ballot - only 3 of them have a chance to be president (Jill stein cannot get enough votes)

11. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

Presidential Election of 1912 - 88 electoral votes, Bull Moose Party
    https://www.google.com/webhp?source...2&ie=UTF-8#q=bull+moose+party+electoral+votes

Edit: Presidential Election of 1968: George Wallace, 46 electoral votes, American Ind. Party
    http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=1968

Edit: Presidential Election 2000: Ralph Nader, 2,883,443 2.74% popular votes, 0 electoral votes, Green Party
    http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=2000

Even being in the running for alternative candidate for president can affect the presidential election sometimes. It can fragment the vote just enough that the race is affected between two main candidates.

Many of the Green Party votes were split off of Democrat Al Gore's total which helped to decide Florida's votes in the 2000 electoral college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2000#Results_breakdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2000

"State results tallied on election night gave 246 electoral votes to Republican nominee Texas Governor George W. Bush and 255 to Democratic nominee Vice President Al Gore, with New Mexico (5), Oregon (7), and Florida (25) too close to call that evening. Iowa (7) and Wisconsin (11) were closer than Oregon. The arithmetic of the available electoral votes in all three states meant that at that point, the result in Florida was all that mattered, and even when both New Mexico and Oregon were declared in favor of the eventual loser Gore over the following few days, the drama in Florida uniquely dragged out for several weeks before eventually settling the election for the entire nation."

Last edited: 3 Nov 2016
  12. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

Game theory renders why people wont vote for a third party in the current system of voting and allocating electoral college votes.

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Ref hillary updates in msm

Very hard to beileve the arogancy required to put a statement out saying basicly

I dont care what the fbi are doing or have on me, that a criminal investigation is in progress.. and
    "Look past all the noise and distractions, this is about one thing the american people".

That shows a real contempt and arogancy as if she is above the law, that serious legal issues around national secuirty and so on, are nothing, just noise.

She is going to be indicted, they have too much evidence has to be the guess.

14. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

^This.

There's even a chance (small, but real) that Evan McMullin, the somewhat successful third party candidate in Utah, could become the next president of the US.
    Pretty entertaining read: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/

Corky42 likes this.
  15. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

It's weird that Trump is like Biff out of Back to the Future, I remember someone making a comment about it last year. Now the Chicago Cubs have won the World Series 1 year off from the film. The Flash must have disrupted the time continuum when he created flashpoint.(If anyone watches the DC multiverse)

Out of the 2 evils I think Hillary would have my vote if I was American.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah? Where is my flying car?!!

17. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

18. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

19. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I think most people would agree with that yadda,