1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Best LCD for a Lian-Li

Discussion in 'Modding' started by r00t, 19 Sep 2003.

1. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

My friend has a Lian-Li case, and wants to fill his 3 floppy bays with an lcd screen like I've see so many people do. What type/brand lcd screen works best for this?

2. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

3. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Yeah, I've got a PC65, and any other questions you have, Ask away, I used one from Tundra Electronics, but just about any 5"lcd made for car headrests etc. work nicely...

Here's a link to mine, although it's a bit different... Mine moves like a power window on a car...

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25930

4. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

how hard was it to tear apart the lcd casing and get everything mounted up? I'm not as ambitious as you so will most likely not be making a motorized one, I'm just curious is after taking apart the casing there are very many parts to keep track of, or is it basically one big unit.

Also, which unit did you get from Tundra?

5. Pflumingo

Actually, I got the bare unit, no casing to deal with, but having said that, I have since taken apart one with the casing, and there isn't much to keep track of, other than making sure you don't screw up the RCA jack, and you know where the power connects. It runs off 12 V anyways, since it's for a car, and mine was NTSC since I live in the states, as do you, so a standard composite (yellow RCA jack) is all it takes.

6. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

do they not sell the bare unit display that you bought anymore, or am I just stupid and can't find it?

7. Pflumingo

Closest I can find now is This

but check all-electronics.com and such