1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Total blasphemy but my wife insisted on it. She will have a hard time getting me to retire my Oreck, though.

Got a reasonable price on Amazon BF, £184.99 W/Prime shipping. Should be here the morrow.

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Water filter.

Looked at the availabble options, under sink with connection to main water pipes not an option, fridge door option is just going to irate over time (refilling, tiny filters needing replacement).

Saw one of the only truely impresive large capaicty and table top versions.

PH-RECHARGE-Countertop-Water-Filtration-Purifier-Alkaline-Ionizer-System-9-Litre

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the things that impressed me above and behond the supposed very high quality water from the base product is that you can further enhance it with the PH002 Ultrafiltration (UF) Membrane. These snap into the factory provided PH001 filters(x3).

The stats are impressive on the road time of these filters.

PH001 MULTI-STAGE ALKALINE WATER FILTER INCLUDING NOT ONE, BUT TWO, 'MICRO NETS' - eliminating organic & inorganic particles including sand, silt, rust & algae, while allowing beneficial minerals, like calcium & magnesium, to permeate through the net. Capacity = 1500 cups/96 gallons/350 litres per filter.

The PH002 UF Membrane last up to 12 months (based on average human daily consumption of 68 ounces/2 litres), & is made from best quality BPA Free food grade materials.

PH001 MULTI-STAGE ALKALINE WATER FILTER INCLUDING NOT ONE, BUT TWO, 'MICRO NETS' - eliminating organic & inorganic particles including sand, silt, rust & algae, while allowing beneficial minerals, like calcium & magnesium, to permeate through the net. Capacity = 1500 cups/96 gallons/350 litres per filter.

(Six months if two of you drink 4 ltrs a day?).

[​IMG]

Best option I can see outside of a 5 or 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis water filter system?

Last edited: 19 Nov 2016
  3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Been wanting to spring on this gear for ages, finally took the plunge:

Ebonite Maxim Orange Crystal bowling ball (12lb)

[​IMG]

Along with a Storm Streamline Roller Bag:

[​IMG]

And a pair of Brunswick Challenger Red-Star shoes:

[​IMG]

Beginner gear, but I'm hoping to try and see if I can improve my game over the next year, then maybe hope to move up the rungs. Having the ball drilled to fit my hands was the biggest improvement though. I have large (span is 11") but very spindly and flexible hands, which is such a bad combination for standard balls at the alley. My fingers are too long for the smaller holed balls, but too thin for the bigger ones.

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

5. Vault-Tec

12lb is a bit light if I'm honest. I used to have a 13 or 14lb Nasty Nail (by Hammer, I think they have gone bust now) and 12lb seemed awfully light.

Will never forget that ball, and the case (was similar to yours). I moved out of an apartment and left it in the cupboard under the stairs :(

I'd love to get back into bowling, but it's far too expensive in the UK and always was. In the U.S you get "Dollar night" where every game is a dollar as are hamburgers and hot dogs, and another lane I went to even did a quarter night.

To get good at bowling you need to play an awful lot.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

12lb is light, but I was told pretty flatly by the guy that I should use it to hone my technique and whatnot over the next year before upping the weight, else I just embarrass myself haha. I usually use between a 10 and 12lb house ball, so taking into account custom drilling, I would expect to settle on 14 most likely down the road.

Bowling really is too expensive here, complete joke at times. I'm fortunate that I have free bowling for life at All Star Lanes as I won a golden ticket at a Halloween costume contest there several years back.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I quite fancy getting a 10-12lb ball myself, any heavier and I can't play more than a couple of games (bum wrist due to motorbike accident)

If'n you want cheap bowling try to find an independent place or small chain not one of the big chains, I have one near me, love the place, basic spit n sawdust bowling alley.

https://mfabowl.com/worcester/special-offers/

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

:thumb: how mars will look with the ice melted.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

over £120 on makeup for the missus.... (xmaz prezzies)

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I am sitting at just a smidge over 200 Euro on SFX makeup for mine... I know that feeling.

11. Vault-Tec

Got one of these for the bike.

[​IMG]

Will come in super handy once I have built it at Xmas :D

12. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

Is that to remove the chemicals that are turning the frogs gay (@50s)?

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

...saw this in my mailbox (being a user of EZDrummer for a while now)

[​IMG]

So I couldn't resist....

14. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Thanks to the Origin black pudding sale... :cooldude:

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

Because one isn't enough. The amount of time I waste switching between drill and driver bits, means this will pay for itself within a month.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

With you on that, I have an 18v drill an picked up a 12v drill driver both Ryobi. Makes sense having the pair of them.

My kit bag order was declined some daft postage reason, bit of googling ended up with this for £14 from Decathlon. Ideal for me. Easier to carry being a backpack.

[​IMG]

After finding a dirty great crack after a crash on one bike ive had to replace the bars, and seeing as they are a silly diameter the stem too, so...

Deda Zero 2 90mm
    [​IMG]

Ritchley WCS Neo Classic 40cm
    [​IMG]

No carbon this time!

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A handbag chock full of brownie points.

I'm undecided whether I use it for her Christmas or birthday (a few days later) or I just exchange immediately for said brownie points - it's a good problem to have though.

18. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Xmas is a double word score, birthday is triple! :thumb:

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^ Ian speaks the most sense, methinks.