1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumours point to RX 490 December launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 24 Nov 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. bowman

bowman Minimodder

wccftech is a blogspam site that makes **** up for clicks.

3. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I enjoy your surgical precision on a document that says 'Projected roadmap, subject to change' :D

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Yeah, WCCFTech report on EVERY rumour they can find or make up, then proclaim victory if any of their 'predictions' happen to be correct. The 'stopped clock is right twice a day' tactic.

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Even if it's right, if AMD are like nVidia, they'll count from the beginning of the financial year. So '2016' won't end until 31st March 2017. ;)

7. GrahamC

GrahamC What's a Dremel?

First of all the big pinch of salt taste nasty... ergh!.

I can see it being a duel Polaris because that leaves the big boy Venga for the circus event CES. in January. This duel Polaris launch however is such a non event that it 's a bore. The only way that this could cause a stir is IF' it is so far under GTX1080 in price that it shakes the halls of Valhaller, which it won't be.

Still rooting for AMD, we need them to come back strong, go team red.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

According to rumours Nvidia will launch the 1080ti in january, so it could be that Amd will try to beat them to the punch by a week or two with an RX490...

Except of course both are yet to be formally announced and there is no indication yet if their eventual launches will be hard or paper.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I heard that Vega was coming Jan 17th next year.

I also heard that the 490 was supposed to launch in October, so I guess that slipped.

Either way there isn't much you can do with a dual GPU card these days so I don't know why they are bothering. They knew not to launch the Fury dual card into the gaming arena.

10. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

I don't want a 1080/1080ti card. I want a 1070 like card for a little less money. ( $299 off the shelf ). No need for anything bigger for me.

11. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

So a 1070GS, basically? (Harking back to the days of the 6800GS, GT and Ultra...) ;)

I want a 1080Ti (actually, I want... hang on, eight of 'em... but one or two will do for now) because I don't want to deal with the price of Titan XP's or Tesla cards.

I'd think seriously about AMD's WX line, if it wasn't for the fact that almost all the GPGPU code I run is CUDA, and my experiments in rewriting CUDA code for OpenCL haven't been tremendously successful. That said, I've not put all that much time into it.

12. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

if you were paying attention I think that AMD has changed the architecture of their cards. therefore nvidia will no longer have that monopoly.
    but let's get back to the subject. No, no 1070gs*, but a $299 AMD equivalent 1070 priced right. The 1070 is $100 more than it should be. And it will remain so until we can get an alternative.

Tags: Add Tags