1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Windows 10 partial Internet connectivity

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by DeckerdBR, 20 Nov 2016.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Hi all, I have developed an irritating connectivity problem in the past week or so.

At random, I loose the ability to fully access the Internet, that is to say I can log into steam but can't update or download games. I can access Google services like email, search and you tube but not bit-tech or mumble or log into gog or even update my anti virus (kapersky).

Initially I assumed it was a router problem so did the usual restarts, but I was able to access most of these services on other devices.
    From there I then figured it might be the home plugs I use with my pc, and after a number of pc reboots, home plug resets it seemed to work ok.
    But then it re-occurred so I replaced the home plugs but amy still getting the issue.

I finally found a work around, if I uninstall the network cards from device manager and reboot the pc it fixes it every time, all be it temporarily. If I just uninstall from device manager and then perform a 'scan for changes' to force windows to reinstall the drivers it does not fix it. The reboot seems a nessesary part of the fix.

I notice it also happens if I leave the pc unattended it seems the issue also occurs.

Any advise on how to fix this properly or troubleshoot it further would be much appreciated.

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

No one got any idea?

If it helps, one thing I have since noticed is, when it looses full connection to partial, if I look at the network card in the device manager, I can see it has lost its IPV6 address while retaining its IPV4 address.

Unfortunately, when the issue occurs, it happens to either of the on-board LAN or the PCI one, depending on which has the network cable plugged in at the time.

This just seems so random, I left my PC on most of the day, checked it randomly, no issue. I check 90 minutes later and bam, partial connectivity again.

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

instead of unistalling network card, try ipconfig flushdns
    then if that doesn't help try netsh winsock reset

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Now then, I've been having a similar issue with the current preview build of 10. Every now and again my pc would drop the ethernet connection and yoyo between wired and wireless. I'd just dismissed it as a faulty cable [it's a long cable from my PC to the router so i can't easily try another cable].

Is it an Intel or Realtek [or other] adaptor?