1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I despair at this country at times

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 15 Dec 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I am pretty fed with this kind of BS as well :grr:

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

We should all be robots and not communicate to each other in the street. Never stop to do anything other than get to your destination.
    Someone will be triggered if you do something to try and make someones day better so best not to try at all.

4. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I think it's more pathetic that the council actually took the initial complaint seriously. It should have been laughed out and the person making the complaint told to get a life.

It always amazes me that councils don't have time/money to do anything productive, but put something stupid and frivolous in front of them, and they're all over it.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

How sad must your life be to not only get annoyed by someone high fiving a couple kids but to then also complain about it?

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

She should ask for ten now :p

7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

How pathetic! Absolutely ridiculous as well.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Based on the complaints I get about inconsequential ****? I'm gonna say it's not that uncommon to be that tightly wound that a two or three second delay makes you **** blood and spit bile.

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Welcome to my daily struggle.

Members of the public can be thankless sometimes, to the point where they are rude. Some of the things you hear people complain about in my job really makes you think there is no hope for the human race.

I've got one complaint on my desk which I have yet to deal with in regards to someone complaining about there being far too many gay police officers in someones area, and its not even our remit to deal with that.

10. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Am I the only one who finds adult-initiated high-fiving/fist-bumping with kids really cringey?

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Amaze.

My youngest, one in January, has just learned how to high-five, so no, I find it entirely adorable.

12. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

From a pragmatic point of view the council should have considered that high-fiving doesn't actually slow either party down. It can actually make them cross faster if they do a run-up to the high-five. I can't see how someone would be irritated by that, unless the people high-fiving were so bad that it required several tries to get a satisfying result.

Edit: Still a non-news story though. Slow day at the bbc maybe...

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Iit may well be a slow news day but the story is pretty much indicative of society in general and council jobsworths in particular.

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Like Gareth, I'm flabbergasted.

Can't we use these things as a way to secretly cull the pathetic?

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Like the one who was all "You can't film here!" up to the point of disconnecting the camera on a LIVE BBC news outside broadcast? :duh:

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

I worked in retail up until this year - have decided enough was enough and have embarked on a degree.

what have I learnt about people from retail? pretty much everyone is a rude ****ing asshat .

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Yes, can confirm!

Worked in retail about 20 years ago in a large store that rhymes with vomit, customer comes in to buy a printer.

Me: Sorry sir, that particular model is out of stock, we'll have some in stock later this week.

Customer: Can I buy the display model, discounted?

Me: I'm afraid not sir, would you like me to take your number and give you a call when they're in stock?

Customer: $&#! off.... (proceeds to physically assault me).

Sod retail.... sod it to hell!

18. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Some people just enjoy moaning for the sake of moaning. It gets them nowhere, but we get to have a good laugh about it.

We get lots of serial callers, 2 of which alone have generated 150 cases each, all of which are nonsense.

19. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

This just raises too many questions. How many is (a) far too many, (b) too many, (C) the correct amount, (d) too few. Secondly what is this person's method for identification of these gay officers - are they going to any lenghs nessasery!?

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Adults high fiving kids is cringey, but kids don't know that and they don't need to know that.

Practical question, how do they know which Officers are gay? Are they issued rainbow stab vests or something?