1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Once I get home I upload it to my drive and paste a dl link for you ;)

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Had a fairly productive session last night, managed to find a nice plot of land near all of the main resources I like to use and started building my bunker.
    Built a few levels of the structure and managed to track down the two zombie spawners that were making an absolute racket with the number of zombies that were appearing. Need to do a fair bit of tidying up but it's starting to take shape.

I'll have to have a bit of an experiment with my multiplayer connection on a few servers as I seem to have a bit of lag when there's mobs near me. If it's the same on other servers then I'm going to have to put it down to my router doing something bizarre with the connection.

3. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Let me know if it continues, I haven't had any reports in game of it, or seen any myself so I doubt the server itself is to blame.

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Built myself an AFK fish farm like lilgoths now, :D, worked for a while, but then it seemed to stop and I had 30-45 minutes and nothing.
    Gonna build a smaller one I've found on youtube tomorrow and try and get some sky down onto the water.

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the AFK fishing farms are easily one of the best inventions.

the amount of enchanted books you get from it is incredible and the mending enchantment has really helped simplify them as you no longer need a fishing rod dispenser ( the mending fix's the rod as you fish )

Really hoping to get some more Mending books for my picks / armour, i was AFK for about 4 hours but i didn't get a single one >_<

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Got my smaller one built now, with sky access and a rain hole, although I did read that you won't get a rain bonus as it falls on the string rather than the water.
    Got a mending rod out of it now too, and a cool bow.

Need to do some work on my castle and get it done, found a floor plan for a huge cathedral that I want to try, :D

7. lilgoth89

^^ Yeah i got a massive butt load of Enchanted Fishing Rods / Bows in a chest next to my farm

tempted to move them up to spawn and let people help themselves

i also have a large plan for a base, well its going to be more like its own city. but i will need ALOT of space, so im planning to build it a fair ways away through nether portals so i dont disturb peoples mining operations

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Think I must have had an enderman come and mess with my fish farm, had left it going and then came back and found the water pouring off the cliff and my sticky piston and trapdoor were gone, luckily I had one slime ball left to make a new piston.
    Damn things, boxed it in now so they can't get at it.

9. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Had a power outage a few min ago, server is back up

10. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

I'd like to get your input on doing the following to the server:

1. Add some sort of minimap Rei's etc.
    2. Add vein miner (optional functionality if you'd prefer not to use it)
    3. Enable keep inventory on death.
    4. Enable single person sleep night reset.
    5. Disable mobs grief.

#'s 1 and 2 will require forge to be used, Will do some testing on my pc tonight to see if it causes any problems. Let me know if there are any objections.

11. lilgoth89

1 Minimap is always useful

2 i dont know what vein miner is so i cant comment

3 keep inventory on death is a little bit overpowered as it gives no incentive not to die

4 could be very useful

5 for Enderman i cannot recomend it enough, but the creeper holes give you an incentive not to have them blow up around you

12. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Okay so I'll leave the inventory on death as is, vein miner is a mod that allows for faster mining. Instead of 1 block per hit, it will take say a 3x3x3 block of the same block type (cobble etc) at the same time. It still uses tools and energy up from your character at the same rate, it is only a time saver when mining large areas. It is a per user item, if you don't want to use it you don't have to. It is not forced on your character.

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

+1 on what lilgoth said.

Been getting on fine with just plain vanilla MC though so no rush from me.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just started playing with a floor plan that I found on the net, anyone fancy building this on the server, would be a huge project but should look awesome when done.

That's only about the first tenth of the building.

[​IMG]

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I made a booboo with my guildhall building. I'd just finished it, and I put a lava pit in it.

You can see what happened when your next on the server.
    Suffice it to say, I felt like jumping out my window, :D

16. lilgoth89

what window ? i think they all burned down ^_^

that said, OUCH

is anyone else planning to frequent the server ? usually its just myself, Cerberus and Makeitmo on. once my Mrs has a more stable connection she is plannign to be on much more, but we really could do with building a community around this to keep peoples interest fired up

Also began construction on a nether-hub that will give each of us our own portal, so far mine and Makeitmo's bases have portals, i did look through your base but i was unable to find one Cerberus. Eventually id like all the bases to be connected up

Also borrowed some Fire resistance books from Mo, and they proved invaluble as i was blasted off the foundations for the nether hub, and fell 40 blocks into a lava lake, but managed to swim to safety. Eventually i plan for a full suit of Fire Resistance Armour with mending so it can be repaired. but im more than likely going to have to get a villager trade for the mending book as i havent fished many up.

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

My nether portal is down my mineshaft, I didn't want it anywhere near my main stuff as I wasn't sure about them, didn't want something coming out and eating me or my stuff, :D.

I'd like to try and rebuild the guildhall, but it'll be a while before I can bring myself to go back, :D, need to do a few other succesfull projects first, :D

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

... Maybe. I kinda stopped playing Minecraft years ago, but I have a feeling that if I started again it would become another massive timesink.

19. lilgoth89

Cerberus your AFK fish farm looks to have been creepered

Also Byron, JOIN US.... we have cookies ( when we craft them up )

20. lilgoth89

OMG...

i was working in the nether, building a portal to a village in the desert, placed a block and walked onto it ( holding shift ) only the block i placed didnt place and was a ghost block, after falling through it a dozen times i logged out, and logged back in, fell through the block...into a lava lake

all my gear destroyed due to laggy ghost blocks

Dont suppose there is any chance of admin intervention to get my stuff back ?

seems abit stupid to lose everything because of something that wasnt my fault and i had no control over