1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Had a coffee from a large coffee chain last night, asked for non cow based milk girl kindly put an S on the sleeve to denote this. hour later I was debating just living in the toilet. Now just left very tired and sore.

Dam you lactose indolence!

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah it's pretty strong stuff tbh. I used to take 150 at night but I started getting palpitations about a year in. Then I dropped to 100 (this is QR quick release BTW) and now 50 with some Zopiclone and Risperidone.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic medication and has made my life a lot better, but it don't half make you hungry/fat !

Still, I decided I would rather be fat and not want to pop my cork all the time than skinny and miserable :D

3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

In-laws over for a week for Christmas. Promised myself I wouldn't get annoyed, three days in it isn't going well. The homemade bread that I can't eat because it makes my mouth turn to cardboard (who puts cinnamon in bread!?) is really helping.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Try living with your in-laws for a year! That's my life, I have never been so mentally and physically ill in all my life since having to move in with them. The only reason I stay is for our 2 daughters. If it wasn't for them I would be gone.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Certainly puts my problem into perspective! I take it there's some unavoidable reason why they stay with you?

6. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Sick daughter (14 months old) that needs her own room as she needs CPAP ventilator at night. Our own house is only 2 bed so we had no choice. Other option was to kick the eldest who's 7 out to live with her grandparents and split the family up.

7. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Will your youngest get off the ventilator in the future or is it potentially indefinite? Either way I feel for you.

8. Vault-Tec

The battle begins !

So in a nutshell my suicide attempt was because my landlady has been playing to and fro about selling my home basically. I have lived here for three years and made it a home. Now if she did the right thing? my wife and I would be OK as autistic adults. IE - serve us the papers that you need to be declared homeless, thus getting a real home that can't be taken away from you.

My landlady told us about as many lies she possibly could to get us into this flat. Classics such as -

This flat is part of my retirement. I don't retire for another 15 years and I will probably use the rent as income

And.

I am going to lino that terribly horrible stained hallway carpet.

And a real belter.

There is a leak coming in from the building outside. I need to get permission (access) but can't because I sued the man upstairs. I will get that raw damp brick wall sorted out for you.

Which of course she did not. I bought coving, timber and paneling and covered and wallpapered the wall myself because it looked terrible.

After all of that and just over two years in she started. It's going to cost us about two grand to move, and we have nowhere to go because flats are either too expensive OR people will not rent to us. As such we need a writ from the high court kicking us out so we can go down the B&B homeless route.

Mentally parts of me are like a ten year old. I'm scared and because of my co-morbidity (Bipolar II) I am having bad bouts of depression and anxiety.

The morning after I got out of hospital the estate agent phoned. My voice was very crackly because my throat was so dry. I told her what had happened, and that she could come and visit the flat when I was ready. I told her I would phone her back, which I planned to do just after Christmas. The last thing I wanted was more anxiety.

They have now phoned the house and left a message four times.

So now I am angry. Very very angry. My landlady basically wants us here right up to the last moment so she doesn't have to put her hand into her pocket. It's all incredibly selfish, and all about her. So I sent her this text message earlier.

Last week I attempted suicide because of your constant on and off moods about selling our home. The very next morning the estate agents (AKA the sharks) phoned me pestering me about viewing the flat. So here is how it is. Nobody comes through the door until you have served us the papers. I am not paying your mortgage whilst you destroy our lives.

I've told the estate agent to go **** herself and as I said, no one is coming through that door until they have a writ from the high courts. Have a nice Christmas now, you've destroyed ours. You are a liar and a fraud. Long term you said. Lino in the hall you said. You have have your s****y f*****g flat back once you have taken it through the courts. Push me again and you won't get another penny.

Have a nice day now.

So I guess my "flight" attempt did not work and now I am going to fight.

I shall keep you all updated. She's tried to phone me three times. No doubt to give me her "pitch". Not interested. Now she can lose six grand like all of those other whining landlord c***s on "Can't pay? we'll take it away !"

9. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Spent a good two hours or so last night editing two takes of the same photo of my kids into one for a big canvas (that Boots did a great job of having it ready for pickup within about ten hours). Took it out of the box tonight to wrap it and within seconds spotted some floating hair unattached to either kid's head that odd somehow missed, despite agonizing over much less obvious stuff in Photoshop last night. Just typical.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

11. Vault-Tec

And I thought I had problems...

:D

12. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Remarkably drunk wife flooded the bathroom last night by bashing into the cistern, shearing one of the plastic bolts.
    I now have no water (it's off), no heating (see no water), and a shower full of sodden towels.

All in all, quite unamused.

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

picking bits of glass bottle out of my hand...

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

OUCH!

Also, how on Earth?

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

no comment... [i'd rather not go into it on here...]

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Fair enough, hope you and your hand are ok.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just woken up to a mega sore throat.I am assuming that it it is a delayed reaction to my dilation on Thursday.

18. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Quarantined at Christmas

Please excuse this rant on a festive day
    Son's friend came round yesterday morning, with his Mum, who stayed for a cuppa and a chat.
    Said friend is at our house most of the day, then the 2 boys went off to see friends at a house down the road.
    Son's friend is suddenly sick and has to go home mid evening...
    Looking at FB, it seems that his Grandad was 'ill' on Thursday, but better on Friday, so came over yesterday to their house bringing a sickness bug with him.
    Son's friend has it, as does his little brother. Dad is posting to say that they have the 'Norovirus Apocalypse' at the house, and theat they are 'Dropping like flies'.
    My son comes home worried, and we look up Norovirus and sickness bugs.
    Incubation is 12-48 hours and it's Christmas Eve.
    Bad enough, but made infinitely worse by:
    * My very frail M in Law (stricken with cancer, could be our last Christmas with her) is due for lunch today, and has no other lunch contingency
    * We are due to drive to London after lunch to stay with my sister and my parents for 2 days.
    We have an event to go to on Boxing night, and we have all the food for Boxing Night here - assorted curries for 16!
    We are staying in for the next 2 days , and only going out then if no one has succumbed.
    It says wait at least 48 hours after the symptoms have passed before going out, thanks guys for potentially bringing sick & mayhem into our house and the uncertainty stopping us from having the planned celebrations.
    /rant

19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Glenn, hope you're OK and can enjoy your pourable turkey and sipping Xmas pud :

20. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Woke up to find the boiler is not working so no hot water or heating, Wed will be the earliest before can get someone to look at it.