1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer unveils triple-screen Project Valerie gaming notebook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Jan 2017.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Didn't your parents every have that awkward birds and the bees talk with you? ;)

3. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

'Multi-monitor desktop set-ups are becoming more necessary for professionals, creators, and gamers,' claimed Razer's co-founder and chief executive Min-Liang Tan at the unveiling. 'For the first time, we've engineered a solution that users can take with them.'

Ummm, 2008 called, and the Thinkpad W700ds would like a word with you, Mr. Tan.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

US, China and Saudi Arabia + the kelptocrats of all other Asian states.

5. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

No one but the most backward peasant Brexit supporter runs at such a LOW resolution as 1080p anymore!

S*D

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

That's all folks. Seeya!

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Yeah, true.

Money can't buy taste, as they say.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Has he been permabanned? This would make my day. He's the only person on my ignore list.

I'm...dismayed by the lack of love for this prototype. Don't think of it as a gaming machine. Think of it as an extreme mobile workstation. know of one chap who cold use this in anger work wise. In regards to gaming hower, as Paradigm Shifter says, you DON'T HAVE TO RUN AT NATIVE RESOLUTION. My 15.6" laptop has a 4K screen, which is actually quite nice for working on once you get used to it, but for playing the more demanding modern games, I just play at 1080p (with some AA if I can spare the GPU power).

I also like the subtle hidden nature of the screens that look as though they're only active when unfurled. Hell, I imagine you can opt just to have the centre screen and one of the side screens active if you like.

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

As somebody that uses multi monitors every where I can I like the convenience this would offer for mobile working, but I currently carry an ASUS MB169B+ USB monitor in my bag which offers me an additional monitor for when I'm out and about and only cost £150 at the time, Yes its another thing that I need to carry in my bag but it's only about 10mm thick so hardly the end of the world.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Something is wrong with the world, every time I see a Razer laptop I want it. This and the various models of Blade are certainly cooler than recent MBPs.

I just got an image of a cabinet meeting of Chinese seaweed monsters, made me giggle.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Spam*Dagger Finally been Ban*Daggered? Today is a good day!

As for the laptop, it seems totally impractical and barring the aforementioned spoilt rich kids the market for it would be next to nothing.

But at least someone has done something mad for no other reason than because they can...

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

This tickles my inner 12-year old! It's like a Lamborgini Countach; fun to look at and fun to dream about, but not all that useful. I'd still put up posters of it on my walls to salivate over. Make this happen Razer; we may not need it, but the world now feels empty without it. :rock:

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well someone loved it so much it's been stolen, according to Razer.

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I suppose the best way to get rid of temptation is to give in to it...

15. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

It is weird how much more I wanted this back when the concept was new. Eight years ago I was "HAHA this laptop has multiple monitors this is amazing and insane and I need this right now why does it cost so much" and now I'm just "Ayup, that's a multimonitor rig. *yawn*"

I don't know if this means I am more mature than I used to be, or just grumpier. I hope for the former.