1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilliary vs. Trump: The 2016 US Presidental Election

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 27 Sep 2016.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Ultimately Britain is not forced to do anything once it triggers article 50. Two years later and its out it doesn't matter what Britain does or does not do, achieves or does not achieve in that interim time. It doesn't matter how many holes it has in its laws, systems and processes, ultimately that is Britain's problem to deal with. Once Britain has left the EU that's pretty much it, it will be on its own. The process of leaving is incredibly straight forward (and lets not lose focus that's what we are discussing), sign a document, no requirements to do anything and wait for at most two years is not a complicate route to secession of the EU. Anything Britain achieves during the leaving process is a bonus but not required for the end result to occur.

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It can be argued that it is a basic requirement rather than a bonus in order to have a chance at making a success out of Brexit though.

3. theshadow2001

Oh, well yes. But making a success of Brexit is different from actually leaving, which is what I was discussing. Making a success of it would probably require years upon years of planning, huge amounts of bureaucrats and a fast acting regulatory and law, hole-patching system. Leaving though, pretty straight forward.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2017
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Meanwhile, I'll just leave this here:

[​IMG]

And I'll leave this here also.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

6. theshadow2001

In fairness he is carrying out the mandate that he was elected upon. While it is easy to point the rolly-eyed finger at trump, this is what the minority of Americans voted for and it is exactly what they are getting.

7. Nexxo

1. He was elected to protect the country from Islamic terrorists, not random assorted Muslims.

2. A leader is supposed to lead with wisdom and compassion, not pander to the fickle emotions of an uninformed baying mob.

3. The buck stops with him. So does the blame.

8. theshadow2001

He didn't put himself in that position, so I think there's plenty of bucks to go around. Anyway he is a reflection of many Americans.

Compassion and wisdom don't get you elected and so I refer you to my initial sentence.

9. Nexxo

He campaigned hard to be elected to that position, and accepted the position, so he is fully accountable for his actions. He vied for power, he got the power, so he has the responsibility that comes with.

"I was only following orders [from the electorate]" didn't wash at Nuremberg, it doesn't wash now.

10. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Well that's nice., all at the expense of the American and Canadian middle classes becoming smaller. I don't think they will agree NAFTA was a good deal for them. The families I know certainly didn't.

The mexican middle class don't seem to bothered about the amount poor mexicans that are leaving for america do they. They want the foreign compainies and jobs but dont want to cater for their own lower class using their new found source a taxation.
    Having a hard border and re-negotiated NAFTA would mean Mexico will have to take some responsibility for it's own, Which they have a duty to do.

Add to the cartel problems and corruption in the mexican government, They are certainly going to have their work cut out for them.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

For once, I'm pleased by Trudeau's reply.

"To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength."

12. walle

walle Minimodder

Should have been done years ago, they're a persecuted minority and have been killed in droves for some time now, this gives them preferred status over other refugees.

This may not have much of an effect thou seeing that most of them refuse to leave in the first place, also, if they were to leave en mass civilization would leave with them, and perhaps that's what IS wants.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2017
  13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Was he, i thought he was elected on banning Muslims and "extreme" vetting.

Maybe in an ideal world they are but (afaik) there's nothing saying how a leader should behave or act, that's the thing with democracy if people want a leader like Trump they're free to elect one.

True but if past behavior is anything to go by he'll resort to his normal (for him) coping mechanisms, although there's not a DSM category for it some people more knowledgeable on the subject than me say Trump is a malignant narcissist...
    From what we've heard and seen of Trump that description seems to fit like a glove.

14. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Yep!

From what we've heard and seen of Trump that description seems to fit like a glove.[/QUOTE]

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Sounds like what a psychiatrist would write about a suicide bomber...

I'll get my coat.

16. theshadow2001

He is accountable for his actions and so are the people that put him there.

He is not following orders. He came up with these screwy ideas and the people agreed that those screwy ideas were a good idea and put him in a position to carry them out. They are in cahoots.

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

So when will Hillary be locked up?

18. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    If your higher classes get even higher, your middle classes suffer. Dont blame the the outsiders for the income distribution in USA and Canada.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2017
  19. Nexxo

“Once upon a time, in the recent future, a country went wrong” --first line of the film The Handmaid's Tale

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Problem is - that world is long gone. Those jobs are simply never coming back, not just because Trump says so.

Look at Foxconn - they said they will build a factory in US, but with a catch. They want pretty much zero rated energy costs (by a deal from the government) and very, very cheap land to build the factory on. So pretty much US government will subsidize the difference between a $2 Chinese worker and $10 US worker. So the american middle class will subsidize the american blue collar workers. Good job Trump, awesome idea.

Secondly, the "20% import tax", or the 35% one - that will be paid by the US people buying Mexican goods. And you can bet Mexico will retaliate with same weapons, thus Trump will cause lot of American small and middle sized companies to go bankrupt, because they will lose their customer base. Good job Trump, awesome idea.

Then there is the torture thing. All US will get by this will be endangering of their own soldiers and people. If US will torture people to get information, what will stop the enemy in a possible future conflict from doing so too ?

And finally the travel ban - the guy works for you for 10 years in Iraq, risks his life for you, and you now want to deport him back ? Good job, in future no one will try to help you in foreign countries, that is for sure.