1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony drops last-generation PlayStation Now support

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Feb 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GorgTech

GorgTech What's a Dremel?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

4. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Which explains why you've not yet reached Real Ultimate Power! At this point I suggest we come up with an "I'll get my coat" smilie :)

Tbh I never knew Playstation Now was a big deal. I might give it a go while it's still working for PC.

5. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Well that’s a shame

Playstation Now was slowly evolving into a cloud system that would have been a solid option to stick with as they had sorted the charge to just a simple monthly fee (in fact due to the fact you didn’t need the PS+ subscription it was a solid option for someone who was happy just to have a vast selection of previous gen games) – plus the fact you could get relatively cheap hardware to use it (PSnow, vita, if you already owned a smart TV that supported it) – except now they’ve just knackered that route

Why I wonder? I would’ve said PS4 owners are by far the smallest market for PSNow for obvious reasons, and people with PC’s who want to game wouldn’t focus on console games – its smart TV’s/cheap smart TV boxes where the big market is for cloud gaming I would have thought

6. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

PS Now is way too expensive. There are a few decent games on it but you are better off just buying them given how cheap they are now.

7. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Remember when Sony pulled Linux support from its ps3 consoles and the big class action suit they found themselves in? How does that differ from now with people potentially buying into playstation TVs only to have that feature pulled out from under them?

8. gosh

gosh Minimodder

you assume a) anyone ever bought psTV's and b) those that did ever used them. mine is sat in the box with my dreamcast, ps2, megadrive, lightguns, gamegear and other stuff. played about 30min of killzone : mercs on it, was very impressed and not touched it since.