1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

^Me too :)

Put'em on the MP and we'll get rid or replace them with something you like better...

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry I have no sympathy, give them to me to munch on :p

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Aye nothing beats a nice soft oatmeal and raisin cookie. Esp when they flop and fall apart as you shove them in your pie hole :D

I was introduced to them out in the states 15 years ago. Was thrilled when Asda started doing them about ten years back :)

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Byron, pain wise get some pain relief gel an put it on the foot not on the open wound, most will be anti inflammatory so you can take paracetamol too. Usual advise, elevate try an keep it cool dry an clean.

My bad news, fence partially fluttered away in the wind, winds only about 40mph at the moment its meant to ramp up to 60+ this afternoon. woo!

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This storm Doris which the BBC weather advised us would be akin to Armageddon has proved thoroughly disappointing so far up here in Edinburgh with little more than a bit of wind and rain.
    I was so looking forward to taking my cat Millie for her early morning walk in virgin snow but instead all I got was rain which she will not go out in.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Lots of snow this morning out my way, although the roads were fine and the rest is clearing up now due to rain.

Took me ages to get into work, no idea why as said the roads were fine but everyone seemed to be driving as if there was two feet of snow to plow through.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bitch made my windows rattle and sent the for sale sign for the flat upstairs flying off down the street.

Such is the price for living right on the beach I guess.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Doc reckons it's gout, so I'm already doing the best thing she advised: keep it elevated and get some ibuprofen (or similar non-steroidal ant-inflammatory pain killers) in me. Going back for a blood test next week to confirm.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Came home to a lot more daylight at the bottom of the garden than there used to be yesterday. Pretty sure there was a tree there this morning!

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

[​IMG]

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

brand new PSU came DOA. Feck it all.

12. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The ringing in my ears from concert last night, totally worth it

13. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

new 2 hour each way commute coupled with whatever the issue with my neck is means I'm still in all sorts of pain from last Friday's commute. Tuesday physio overran by 20 minutes but only had time to work on one shoulder, so now i feel oddly lopsided. Wednesday felt like there was something inside my left wrist stopping it bending and preventing me closing my index finger and thumb. yesterday morning i couldn't use my thumbs for two hours, and today i've got sharp pains in my lower neck whenever i don't keep my head straight up and my neck is getting quite sore from keeping it there.

I never realised how horrible not being able to use thumbs is.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Silicon lottery...

Gave overclocking my CPU another go... same results as last time it'll go to 3.6, sit there with no issues even at stock volts... however no amount of extra juice or settings tweaking can get it to go any further.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Trying to get a react native app to play nicely with my online store. I can't even seem to set the Dev software setup right!!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

****ing airbag resistors again.

I took a break to have a think. I'm pretty sure my multimeter is +0.3 ohms compared to what they actually measure. Which means the airbag is 2.0 ohms. I made a little resistance circuit that measures exactly the same as the airbag, cleared the code in the RCM, took the battery negative off, fitted the resistor and after ~5 minutes, plugged the battery back in. Same goddamn error code. Starting to think I'm going to have the whole goddamn column apart.

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Feb 2017
  18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Dead fscking keurig. Brand new anniversary present for the wife. Least I don't have to ship the whole thing back.

19. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Forced to miss two talks today due to my back still being iffy - One from Joceyln Bell Burnell and the other from Jim Al-Khalili

EDIT: And now I seem to have misplaced an entire wifi dongle

Last edited: 26 Feb 2017
  20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I don't think I can do this anymore, I've been constantly miserable for months on end and I need help. I've just gone to ring the service my GP referred me too and my phones been cut off until tomorrow when I can pay the bill. My money has been mostly spent on alcohol to cope and now I'm paying the price for my own ****ing stupidity.

I could use the house phone to call but I'm petrified my parents will pick it up mid conversation and I'll lose my bottle to be completely open. I'm now going to have to wait until tomorrow