1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 17 Feb 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I like the look of this. It ticks pretty much all of the boxes for me - I don't care about RGB LEDs or extreme overclocking. Shame about the USB 3.0 header location, though: I hate USB 3.0 connectors and cables because they're horribly bulky and hard to tidy out of the way, especially if they sprout out of the centre of the board like this one does. I'm happy to see a USB C port and USB 2 header :D

Based on all of the Z270 mITX boards I've seen so far, this is my favourite, and it's also a lot cheaper than either the MSI or ASus boards that you've reviewed whilst not sacrificing any features that I'd actually need.

Now it's just a case of waiting to see what Ryzen is like and whether there are any decent mITX boards at launch...

3. megamale

megamale Minimodder

I had the Z170n and had to return it. Whilst it overclocked ok, any sustained aida64 load would cause the VRMs to throttle.

It's not entirely obvious as the overclock was stable, but the frequency would not stay consistent after a few minutes. It was only visible when running prime.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Pffft..Z270 & Kaby Lake are yesterdays news, boring!

Give us those AM4/Ryzen reviews now :)

5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Looks a nice board :)

True... I'm sure we wouldn't tell if bit-tech leaked some benchmarks early... :naughty:

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Used the H55N and it was great. Heard good things of the H97N but I bought the B150N-CSM (only one with 6 SATA) and it's a bag of ****. So disappointed. But I haven't the willpower to change it now.

7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I have run mostly Gigabyte boards until I got a Maximus VI Impact a while back.
    My H55N-USB3 is still running in a family PC, and needs a G6950 to i5 upgrade. I sold my H61N-USB3 fairly quickly as it only had 2 SATA ports, and I'm pretty content with Z87.
    I have no desire to go Skylake yet, I can't see any benefit to me other than more grunt in the M.2 department and the bling...[OK, I admit an irrational attraction to the Gigabyte Phoenix boards:eyebrow:]
    Still a bit shocking how the prices have shot up for the last 2 generations, for whatever reasons (currency definitely helping over the last year).
    I really only buy used now, and stick with older proven kit.

8. malthus80

malthus80 What's a Dremel?

I have had a z77n- wifi running a 3570 k on a constant overclock for the past 4 years and it has never skipped a beat. Brilliant board. If I was going to a kaby lake system this would be a no brainer in the same way my 1070 gaming was after upgrading my faultless 670 windforce.

Tags: Add Tags