1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any X carve cnc owners?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yaka, 16 Feb 2017.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Wondering are there any x-carve cnc owners out there? I am thinking of buying the 500mm cnc and use it with my makita trim router.

Just want to how peeps are getting on with it if they have one.

2. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

Hello,

I have one that i got mid last year using the dewalt 611 trim router. If you plan on using the makita trim router you may need to use shims to mount it as i don't think inventables has a mount for the makita model.

I would also recommend taking your time to build the kit as there are a lot of parts. when i built mine it took most of a weekend.

I would also recommend getting some loctite (non-permanent) for some of the bolts as i have had an issue with some of them loosening over time.

The model i have is the 500mm versions which gives an approximate 11.4x11.4 usable work area. If space and budget allows you may want to consider the 750mm version.

I would also recommend at least getting a 1/4 to 1/8 bushing adapter so you can use both 1/4 and 1/8 shank bits.

Let me know if you have any further questions.