1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen benchmark

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 6 Feb 2017.

1. dinoscothern

dinoscothern Minimodder

So all the up and down reporting/testing, shows (imo) that its early days right now.
    I've just had a look at the bios updates for the Asus PRIME X370-PRO and its had 3 updates already (tho the first release was in January - guess thats due to the lead time) - So yes really early days.

On a slightly related note, I wish the bios update readme was better than one line, sigh.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

from that anand link

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Seems pretty standard across the range of AM4 boards atm, the Taichi I ordered which won't even be in stock anywhere until a promised date next week is on the 3rd bios version already too.
    So yep, early days indeed.

4. Big-_-t0ny

Big-_-t0ny What's a Dremel?

Has anyone here gotten their Ryzen kit yet? It's not surprising that we have to wait for it, even the initial performance looks like great value for the cash you pay. Hopefully the next GPUs from AMD can bring something to the table too.

5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

I preordered with Amazon UK but they didn't have the stock in the end, so I ordered with Novatech and received the kit Thursday 3rd. Motherboards do seem harder to get though, although luckily I was always looking at a mATX B350 board and the Asus Prime B350M-A was in stock from day one so I didn't have any issues there either.

There definitely is a fair amount of stock shortages though. Scan barely seem to have Ryzen (CPUs or motherboards) in stock, OCUK and Amazon are seem to be getting some stock in but selling out fairly quickly.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

if what they have said on OCUK is true they have shifted a lot of ryzen kit but demand is outstripping supply , and they were well supplied

7. rollo

rollo Modder

AMD will not anounce numbers they already said as much, This is not apple selling 10million units in a few days after all. A tonne to OCUK is what 1k cpus mobos? does not mean the same to AMD, If scan and OCUK and CLL have shipped 1k each thats only 3k total for example.

Look at the supply issues of the 1080 and 1070. If the figures OCUK supplied where accurate they had a queue of 1k for the EVGA cards.

8. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

A slightly worrying Reddit thread about a bunch of people's Asus Crosshair VI Hero mobos getting bricked :(

Probably best to avoid (Asus) BIOS updates for the next month or so.. even though it looks like the CH6 is the main culprit.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Updating bios if not duel bios is always a risk, would never personally take it myself.

10. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I'm erring towards the Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7, it's dual BIOS - I'd already ruled out the CF6 and the X370 Taichi isn't a dual; not sure how the MSI's fare in that department, I've not looked.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Unless I'm missing something, the entire point of that Reddit story is that the user did not attempt to flash the BIOS, the board spontaneously decided to do so itself and bricked itself.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

reports coming in of Asus boards self bricking on power up with `safe bios` settings applied oO

13. dinoscothern

dinoscothern Minimodder

Some of the Asus boards have CrashFree or (the even better) Flashback, so corrupted bioses are recoverable. I have Flashback on an old X79 board, you can even flash with no processor fitted.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Asus software installs something called EZflash. If you leave it enabled and press yes it will update the bios. Thats all he probably did here.

Guess Asus never finished QA testing in time for AMDs launch program.

Main issue I assume is the bios is a pre launch bios on most mobos, Till its updated. I read on reddit that the boards are not even letting people do 4.1ghz on the 1800x in certain cases. (mostly MSI boards) If you set the settings it refuses to boot.

15. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I think were seeing it's no lemon across the board to be fair, I just think members of the

:clap: Evangelical Church of Intel :clap:

are having a hard time accepting that AMD have created what they perceive to be a miracle :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah it's funny. Even the most die hard Intel fans were saying how badly Intel have treated them until lately. Now it's back to bashing AMD. Probably because they know AMD have probably saved their arse, and given them the means to continue slagging them off.

This video is worth a watch too.

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

A £500 CPU that's outperformed in games by a £330 I7 CPU (or even a £220 I5 CPU). That's a very special kind of miracle. :)

Last edited: 7 Mar 2017
  19. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Why are people still harping on about this? I watched Jay and his point is extremely valid.

The 7700K beats a 6900K ($1000) in gaming, and they don't get any flack for that. What gives?

This CPU isn't exactly bad at gaming... it's just not as good at 1080P.

I'm getting so bored of seeing people saying that it sucks.

20. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Intel didn't market their 6900k towards gamers like AMD have done with Ryzen.

I'm getting so bored of pointing out the obvious.