1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, unfortunately I missed out on one of his recent Release the Schmoo T-sharts.

The Teespring campaign has ended :(

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's not nicotene staining so much as the dust... it just clags to everything and it it's a ballache to get it all off... especially off stuff like fans...

Most of it you can peel off as it's just stuck together, but it's the last little bit...

it's also the fart on stripping the pc down, finding places to put stuff [joys of living in a pokey flat].

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Need a Molex crimper. Cables in my case are a little excessive, seeing its small size.

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

1st world problem incoming...

Have a GTX 1080 in the boot of my car, but not had time to install or test it because the wife insists on being taxi'd about Cambridge city center all evening. :wallbash:

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Ditto.
    It'd have gone well with my Swedish nut F**ker T.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had a lovely evening watching the Devin Townsend Royal Albert hall show. Right up until the point when this song came on:

To cheer myself up I put on a track from Transcendence. Without realising it I put this on:

Too many feels for two bottles of wine and several ciders.

8. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Finding out how much money I'm going to get when I'm made redundant in July. A little over 5K for 6 years service seems like a smack in the face :(

9. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Mother in law sat on my glasses and snapped them, managed to bodge them so I can drive in to town first thing. But I had to call my boss at 9pm on his mobile to say I wasn't going to be in.

Without them I can't work or drive so kinda important.

10. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Ouch that can't have been an easy call to make.

My lot would expect me in without a repaired set of specs.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I'm having a drop of the pure in memory of my dog (Pika). She was a bloody fine pooch, best ****ing dog on this side of the pond! It was a previledge to be part of her pack.

12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

*raises glass*

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I let Millie (cat) out at 04.30 this morning and left the main door to the small block of flats open so she could come back in, my front door has a cat flap. She never stays out long and was back in 15 minutes later. At 05.30 I went to get a cup of coffee and on my way back to bed spotted a face peering through the cat flap.
    It was the face of a cat I have seen many times as it it seems it is always wandering around my area and I often see it when I am out walking Millie in the morning.
    It looks in great condition so i do not think it is a stray but it certainly likes the out doors but this maybe because it is not particularly welcome at home.
    I grabbed a bit of meat from my fridge and went to see if I could find the caller.
    She was at the foot of the stairs and I threw a bit of meat at the ground near it which it ate tentatively then it turned around and went out followed by me. I put the rest of the meat on the ground and retreated and it ate the meat.
    As I say this cat looks in great condition so is getting fed but perhaps I will leave out a bit of food and see if I can befriend it, see if it has a collar ID.
    I have become a right softie in my old age.

14. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

My company is very laid back and super flexible like that. Sometimes I have had to leave the office with only giving them a few minutes notice as I have needed to collect my daughter from school because the wife/mother in law couldn't make it.

Oh and Vision express don't sell my frames any more so I had to have new frame and lenses! Luckily I had some vouchers and managed to get new glasses and an eye test for just under £120. Still could have done without that though :sigh:

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

...staring into the 10th coffee of the day, realising it's the 10th coffee of the day

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

PC ive just built, one of the intake fans has decided to get noisy an slow, oiled it no change. Its a little old but should have lasted far longer than it has :grr:

17. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

ended up on a FX-8150 and a Crosshair 4 as my Intel board is trash. 4690k is going back, Define S to put it all in is enough route. Bloody tired of tinkering, wanna use the bloody thing.

18. afrasiab

afrasiab What's a Dremel?

not waking up early in the morning is ruining my life.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not ruining, but I am a bit peeved that Our Glorious Leaders have decided they want more of my money and are hiking National Insurance from 9% to 10% this year and up to 11% next year.

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Kinda balanced out by the rises in personal allowance though, so they don't want that much more.

My shoulder seizing up in much more of a concern right now!