1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 9 Mar 2017.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

Think you will need the TI version of Volta for that dream.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

And by the time we get there games will be even worse and it still won't be enough.

^ 4K gaming.

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

980ti is also in the video link I posted

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yup, I used the wrong word - 'redundant' perhaps? The point is that the Titan is now pointless to buy. But I don't think Titan XP owners feel 'annoyed' as a lot of articles state. After all, they've been enjoying the performance for 7 months now and the performance is the same.

5. bit-tech reviews

bit-tech reviews Administrator Administrator

Hi there,

We appreciate your comments. However, there is good reason why the Titan X hasn't been included - ours is waylaid in the post!

We mention this on the system setup page:

*editor's note. You will see the upcoming graphs don't have the Titan X included. Our Titan X sample has been waylaid in the post, meaning that, despite our best efforts, we are unable to have those numbers at this present time. We will, however, input those as soon as a replacement card turns up, which we expect to be tomorrow, but still wanted this review to go live so that you could see the improvement over the GTX 1080 card. It is very reasonable to assume that Titan X will benchmark a couple of per cent slower than GTX 1080 Ti. Watch this space, as we also update with overclocked numbers.

We will add it as soon as we can get it into the test system. :)

6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Plus, if you had £1k to drop on a GPU, you shouldn't be complaining about much anways. :lol:

7. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

There has been no "march of technology " here. The Ti and XP are the same GP102 gpu. This is just cynical on the part of nVidia as there is nothing about the Ti that could n't have seen it released 6 months ago at this same price.

8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nothing costs the same on release as it does after time, the new hot stuff comes out with high price, that then gets pushed down as the chain as something better comes out, this will be Nvidia getting ready for the new hot stuff coming down the line, getting rid of supply at a good price which I’d imagine at this point is yielding pretty well, all cores working more of the time etc, will there be something better out soon, of course there will be, there is no reason whatsoever for Nvidia to release this card at the price, there is zero competition for its current products, so it’s purely going to be to stimulate sales and its margins whilst it preps the next big thing.

Nothing new here, you’re not happy to pay, you don’t have too, I was the same with the price of the Titan, it was just too much, especially as one isn’t enough.

9. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

To be fair: if you bought a Titan six months ago, you did so in the knowledge that nVidia would almost certainly be releasing a 1080Ti in the not-too-distant future. There are plenty of people on here and elsewhere who bought Titans at launch and have been enjoying them every day since.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

My apologies! I did a quick check to see if something like this was mentioned, but obviously missed it. Must learn to speed read better!
    This guy gets it.

11. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

I would like to still see 1080p results if it doesn't stress you guys too much. There might be some people with 144 Hz screens that might find those results useful if this is the only card that can play everything at that resolution with frame rates that can keep up with their monitors. Even if there are retarded games that limit the frames to 60 or less *roll eyes*

12. Tedd

Tedd What's a Dremel?

Yup, Titan isn't too outdated :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Mar 2017
Tags: Add Tags