1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The amazing 3 month Gainward RMA!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sco0by, 16 Jun 2003.

1. corrosive_nf

corrosive_nf What's a Dremel?

no it was the caps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only difference in the cards returned and the cards sent are those caps.

2. corrosive_nf

corrosive_nf What's a Dremel?

Jason fron Gainward Usa has said. "The problem is caused by 3 faulty capacitors located at the top-right corner of the vidcard."

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hpmf. Whatever you say then.

4. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

*UPDATE*

Or rather the lack thereof...

I spoke to Andy at Gainward UK, and he said I needed to speak to Peter at Gainward Germany.

Peter would appear to either have a non-networked machine, as he hasnt responded to 3 emails to 2 different addresses, or he is dead, as you cannot get hold of him by phone.

Perhaps the huge pile of useless graphic cards sent back to gainward has trapped him in his office, and he starved to death.

I must say I'm impressed - we are rapidly heading towards the 3 month mark - only another 11 days and Gainward will have had my card for 4 months.

Given the 6 month product cycle I'm sure that by the time I get anything back from Gainward, it will make an effective paperweight, or maybe a bookmark.

Id complain more but who on earth is there to complain to?

Im pretty sure that the Gainward UK office exists merely to redirect parcels to Germany, and maybe answer the phone from time to time. I cant speak to anyone in the German office, so I dunno - maybe I`ll try emailing Taiwan?

Anyone know where Gainwards central offices are? Look for the building with skiploads of dodgy GF4 cards outside...

Last edited: 24 Sep 2003
  5. Relin

Relin Old timer

This is unacceptable, you have my apologies and i will chase Peter NOW.

Andy

6. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Oops I missed my 3 month anniversary hehe :D

It is now 3 months and 5 days since gainward recieved my graphics card. I have a nasty suspicion that its in a landfill site in Taiwan now.

over 3 months..... thats pretty astounding.

Sony managed to collect and fix a 21" monitor within 7 working days, and they even delivered it back to me.

So gainward - I salute you, your astonishing level of incompetance far exceeds anything I have ever experienced from any other company.

I wholly expect to get a random email in the next month or so claiming that the card was never recieved, or that evil gremlins have stolen it, or some other mickey mouse excuse.

Actually if gainward bother to contact me at all I shall be amazed.

So the moral of the story is: if you buy a gainward card, you'd better pray it doesnt go wrong. :nono:

7. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

This really does suck scooby :(

I wonder if silent runnings (is he called that cos you cant hear him running away ;) ) will coment again.

8. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

That's seriously amazing! You'd think a company like Gainward who sell to modders / ethuastist would at least have the decency to give you a proper explanation considering there is a thread dedicated to their poor service on a the UK's largest modding site.

I think it's absolutly disgusting the way Gainward have behavioured so far. If I was you I'd report them to anyone who will listen Trading Standards, Watchdog, etc And let them know that's what you are doing (maybe give them a link to this thread as well).

9. Relin

Relin Old timer

Sc00by, whats your phone number? This is unexeptable, just need some more info from you and i will find out why this has taken so long, i will ensure that you are upgraded to a current model.

Andy

10. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Andy what is your current email address?

I tried sending my contact number to: andy@gainward.net
    but it bounced back as undeliverable?

11. Relin

Relin Old timer

hmmm, thats my mail address. try again??? if not just post your email up here and i will send you my personal add.

12. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: my contact number
    Sent: 01/10/2003 12:41

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

c=US;a= ;p=ALS;o=Corporate Gateway;dda:SMTP=andy@gainward.net; on 01/10/2003 12:41
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ALS;l=PRODUCTION01-031001114051Z-4853

Weird?

my email is: s.cripps@renlearn.co.uk

13. Carbon

Carbon Banned

well at least someone at gainward is trying to sort it out.

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

yeah it's good that someone is trying to address these problems and get them sorted as soon as possible, after such a long and unwanted wait :)

15. Carbon

Carbon Banned

and if i read correctly an upgrade to the latest card is a bonus :D

16. quack

quack Minimodder

Considering how long sco0by's been waiting for a replacement, a free upgrade is more than deserved.

This worries me though: Gainward UK Website - where is the site? Something... anything... would be better than that. It doesn't show much professionalism does it... from a company like Gainward it's a bit disappointing.

And yes, I am a Gainward user.

17. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Well I think i`ll reserve judgement until I actually get a result.

I would have chased it up more except I bought a replacement card months ago, and I just dont have the time usually during office hours.

Besides I dont feel that its my responsiblity to have to keep enquiring about an RMA that should have been sorted out months ago.

Still I'm cautiously optimistic that something is finally being done to resolve this issue. ;)

18. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Now that gives me little confidence!

19. Relin

Relin Old timer

UK website hosting is with Pipex who have had some issues, i am changing this shortly.

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Thats worse than the probs I have with my monitor, would you believe 6 replacements and it still isn't darn right ??

Still yes an upgrade to the latest card is more than due, the wait on this is pathetic. I know I had to wait 2 months while my origianl GF2 MX was RMA'd through stak, and when I did get the replacemet it was alesser card than what I sent to them!!