1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen benchmark

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 6 Feb 2017.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

£520 lol thats crazy.

2. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

It's taking the wee a bit, I paid 250 for the Crosshair and thought that was expensive

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I wouldn't even mind if that board was fully working and bug free, but it isn't. It too cannot pass 3000 on the memory.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

AMD has work to do on 4 stick single rake memory solutions, Thats a fact as the highest boot with 4 sticks is around 2166 on most boards. remove 2 sticks and it will do 3200 again on the fastest stable board.

Feels very random, Some people are hitting high memory speed on 2 sticks but some cannot get it to load above 2400mhz.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The QVL is all over the place atm.

This launch really does remind me of the first Nvidia DDR3 boards. It was a piggin' nightmare.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

A feeling personally a delay of 1month for some more QC Testing would not of been out of place on AMDs side, Felt like they had set themselves a hard deadline of Q1 2017.

Yet it will be mid Q2 2017 before the boards are really in a place where your enthusaist user is going to be happy with them.

SMT and Memory issues have marred what is a excellent chip. They will be solved long term but you wonder how many sales have been lost in the mean while.

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Well they've lost my sale - I was waiting for Ryzen, but based on the poor gaming benchmarks (and the poor state of the Ryzen motherboards), I just bought an Intel i7 7700k.

Yes, Ryzen may be better for office productivity but that's not how I use my computer. I want games! :rock: . Plus the Intel platform is somehow cheaper - the 7700k costs the same as the base Ryzen 1700, but the motherboard I bought is £40 cheaper (£115 rather than £155).

Here's hoping that Ryzen 2 fixes the bugs and Intel has to up their game in the meantime

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

9. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

10. rollo

rollo Modder

ITX is a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of the enthusaist sector for tech. And those that want it for high end usage even smaller. Even on Intel launches ITX is always last out of the door

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'd imagine that board manufacturers are waiting for the Ryzen APUs to appear before releasing mITX boards.

12. Big-_-t0ny

Big-_-t0ny What's a Dremel?

Finally got a replacement X370-Pro from Scan! Seems to have the 0502 BIOS which I heard is usable...I'll wait and see if Asus bring out another update soon before I even think of flashing it.

It's quite a shame that ITX is being left behind but as mentioned above, they're probably waiting for the APUs to come before working on smaller form factors.

13. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

ITX is always left behind, with every launch. ITX availability at start of a new socket is rather rare, even in Intel world. They are usually launched 1-3 months after the new socket is launched.

14. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I predict ITX will get a huge boost in popularity as mATX slowly falls out of favour. A lot of people (me included) want a rig that can be moved room-to-room easily, or a console replacement that is roughly the same size.

With a GTX 1070 only having a 150W TDP (and decent CPU's coming down to 45-65W) there isn't the need for cases with more fans than Dustbin Bieber any more.

But yeah, also waiting to see ITX options before committing to next upgrade...

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Problem is behaviour like that leads to a vicious cycle of:

Mainboard manufacturers:

"Last year people didn't buy enough ITX boards to justify making their development a priority this year"

Customers:

"Gave up waiting for ITX version and bought something else".

I think mATX will do just fine even if ITX gets more popular, because the people abandoning mATX for ITX will simply be replaced by people abandoning ATX.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

I looked into the whole console style pc box, but could not find a cpu cooler I would be happy with that fit in a case and enough doing some case modding is not out of the question for most of the All in one liquid options. Still felt like too much work for too little gain.

Also realised out side of some specific 1070s space is at a massive premium.

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

To be fair, as far as Ryzen is concerned that's exactly what I ended up doing. However, the something else was still mITX, but an Intel-based system instead.

18. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Not for Z170 and Z270 a least, high-end boards were announced at the same time as everything else (along with a huge number of other mid-range 1xx and 2xx chipset ITX boards), and available with barely a week or two of supply lag.

19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Hah, true. Hopefully ATX sales do drop and the​ likes of MSI and Asus will stop making the whole market overly confusing by releasing half a dozen boards with the same form factor and chipset...

20. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Thought it worth mentioning but have just submitted a support ticket to Gigabyte asking when the next bios update will be for my board. On the dropdown to select your motherboard model there are significantly more am4 motherboards on the list than what I have seen so far on any retailer site. Assuming the Asus, asrock and msi websites are similar we might be able to find out a bit more about potential new boards!