1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's no way on God's green Earth I'm taking the thing apart myself. Having bits left over when you're building flatpack furniture or a PC is one thing, but a car? Nope.

Garage up the road's doing it same-day, which is nice. They're going to take a shufti before quoting a final price, though, so I still don't know the damage.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Depending on how big the actual tear is in the gaitor you may just need to change the boot which is less than a inner usually just a super messy job. I had a Corsa so they were an annual thing with droplinks.

You will need a set of circlip pliers though to remove the CV joint.

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Left over parts on a car = win.
    Lighter faster and more economical :rock:

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Constant coughing is driving me nuts. 13 years ago when i started at university I came down with a severe dose of tonsillitis and that coupled with the tickly throat side effects of one of my medications means that whenever I get a cold or sniffles I get this cough that will not go. It's now giving me a headache and starting to pull my chest muscles.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Garage rang: about £300 all-in. There's a slow puncture in the rear tyre, and it was coming up to time for new ones anyway, so that's another £240 on top for all four.

Cars r expensive.

6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Yep.

After the shenanigans the DS has been pulling recently it went to Kwik Fit to get hooked up to the diagnostics computer... 3 pages of error codes later and the very nice Spanish chap says "I have no idea, mate. Best take it to Citroen". He agrees with me that there doesn't seem to be any obvious mechanical problems, and most of the error codes are related to auxiliary systems either not communicating with the main CAN Bus or reporting invalid/improbable values.

Spoke to my mum on Sunday (naturally) and she said she collected a special delivery letter for me the other week, asked her to open it and turns out Citroen/DS want to look at it anyways as part of a product recall for something to do with "striker cable mounting potentially corroding and coming loose". What do you think the chances are they will be generous enough to do a software update at the same time?? :idea:

7. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

could be the root of the evil. a sensor sparking/shorting/sending nonsense could very well be bleeding into the rest of the bus.

did i tell you about the time i had to replace my battery in the passat to fix the transmission?

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

7 Up Mojito. We were at the local bankrupt shop today and I bought 6 500ml bottles for £2. Just opened one and took a swig and it's friggin MINT. MINT 7 up. It tastes like bloody mouth wash :(

9. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Yuck!!!!! That sounds pretty NASTY!!! Sorry:duh::eeek::sigh:

10. Vault-Tec

Dude, it's f*****g RANK. Fizzy mouth wash :waah:

lmao ah well, at least they had Vcoke there too, so I snagged three of those.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Well, yes: a mojito is white rum, sugar cane, lime, soda, and mint. So a 7-Up Mojito is unsurprisingly exactly that, minus the rum.

12. Vault-Tec

I don't drink Gareth. Like maybe 1-2 tins of Carlsberg a year I wouldn't know a cocktail from my arse :D

The shop in question buys stuff in bulk and it's not always English. So I just figured it was from Spain or something like that.

I honestly don't think I've ever had a fizzy drink that made me want to puke (apart from Dandelion and Burdock) but this comes close.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Did'ya not see the mint leaf on the label, though - or get at all curious enough about the word 'mojito' to type it into your phone and find out what it is, before buying six bottles of the stuff?

I haven't had that specific one before, but I've had lemon and mint drinks - they're alreet.

14. Vault-Tec

I didn't have my phone sadly. And nah, for some reason I completely missed the mint leaf and focussed only on the lime.

Ah well, it could have been worse. I almost picked up a full case, then realised I would have to lug it all up the steps into the flat so didn't bother :D

15. Gareth Halfacree

Hah! I once bought one of those packs of Mr. Brain's Faggots to try - I think it was six or eight faggots to a pack. Got two mouthfuls in to the first; turns out I really, really don't like pork faggots. Dunno why: I love black pudding, white pudding, haggis, all that stuff. But by Eris those things were vile.

16. Vault-Tec

haha my lady and I love Mr Brains. We have them with carrot and swede mash and mango chutney.

But yeah, they're not really like a real faggot. They taste similar but they are very soft and mushy where as a real one is a bit firmer.

But yeah, until you've had a proper faggot from a butcher don't totally write them off :)

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

This is the weirdest conversation ever.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

At least, for once on an internet forum, the word faggot is being used in the correct context :p

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

ONE of the correct definitions...

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Why are some woman's dresses such a pain to iron? Tucks and folds abound on my good ladies new garb and as I tend to do all in the house due to her COPD I normally do the ironing and as she does not normally wear a dress preferring a pair of trousers or a simple skirt ironing is not normally an issue. But she saw this dress she had to have and I am lumbered with the onerous task of ironing it.