1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus Prime X370-Pro Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech reviews, 30 Mar 2017.

1. bit-tech reviews

bit-tech reviews Administrator Administrator

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I look forward to reviews of retail samples of these boards hitting the market. Performance metrics and silicon shots are great, but strangely, I'm also curious about what's in the box.

Mostly because that's a surprisingly rigid header on a motherboard. Perhaps with good reason, when you consider that it can drive a front panel assembly like this:

http://imgur.com/a/G7cdf

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Do these boards support BCLK overclocking, can't see it in the review? I struggle to understand what Ryzen boards do an don't.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

What do you mean ? These boards are on sale for nearly three weeks now, these were the first boards available on market in Europe.

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

As per the above comment...

OCUK in stock - LINK
    Scan in stock - LINK

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Does the board support ECC and if so, does it work?

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

According to ASUS, yes.

Does it actually work?... *shrug*

8. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

On my Asus Prime (albeit, the B350M-A), I can overclock via the 'Custom CPU Core Ratio' option and thus tweaking the FID/DID values. It seems a weird way to offer the setting, since most people seem to just keep DID at 8 and tweak FID accordingly (i.e. 148 for 3.7 Ghz, 152 for 3.8 Ghz).

EDIT: Looks like multiplier OCing is possible, will have to dig around, can't say I immediately seen that option when I was OCing.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2017
  9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Whoosh, say what now :D

My main concern is picking up a cheaper board like this and not having full Oc'ing potential, some of the more expensive boards like the taichi and crosshair have some external clkgen thing and I am not sure if the fact it is not mentioned on lower end stuff means it is not there, or whether it is just a feature of x370 and B350 boards and all will have it and its just not being listed well.

I don't care about the value adders on more costly boards like LED or fancy paint on this and that or fancy wifi or sound so paying extra for all that is unnecessary but I do what full OC potential.

Perhaps I am un clear on what this external clkgen the fancy boards has does or how Ryzen overclocking works, I need to do some research I guess.

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

We list any unusual extras in the 'Extras' section in the specs. No funky USB 3.1 front panels unfortunately!

11. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

This one does as does the Crosshair I believe. However, both the Gigabyte boards we've looked at so far do not.

12. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Does it support use of unbuffered/unregistered ECC Ram - yes

does it use 1 bit error correction or system stop on uncorrected bit - No

No motherboard has support for ECC at the moment witch is annoying

The amd part of the uefi bios currently does not allow the use of ECC functionality at the moment and they say they don't test for it as well (Asus and asrock mite support it as they been able to enable these basic features on none workstation boards in the past)

Last edited: 5 Apr 2017
  13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Good to know that makes it reasonable value then.

Tags: Add Tags