1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Oh wow.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 31 Mar 2017.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lp/bitfenix-portal.html

Very, very rare that I get "wowed" by a case these days but that thing looks stunning.

I just wonder about the actual quality, because BF have made some stunning looking cases over the years, only for them to literally fall apart in your hands when you get one.

It is beautiful though.

2. FatalSyntaxError

FatalSyntaxError What's a Dremel?

Interesting looking case, reminds me of an IBM aptiva case in reverse where the actual internal cage slides out from the shell rather than the shell sliding off the internal case.

My immediate question though is the cooling or the apparent lack of. If all the intake air has to go through solely those mesh corners I can see things getting toasty inside!

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Must admit it looks a bit plastic-y... and i share FatalSynaxError's concerns about airflow.

...it also looks bugger all like the PCs from Portal

[​IMG]

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Presumably 'cos it's supposed to look like the turrets from Portal:

[​IMG]

...which it also fails at.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Jeez that looks like it'd choke to death. Needs some speed holes.

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I can get over the plasticy appearance, I've had enough NZXT and BitFenix cases to get used to that now. There's few things I don't like about that case that'd prevent me buying one though...

There doesn't appear to be a filter in the bottom of the case (hopefully a video review will clarify that).
    The legs stick out too much from the actual case for my tastes, it makes it need a wider space than it should.
    Those I/O sockets on the right side would be an issue for me as my cases usually sit on the right of my desk so they'd be hard to access.
    For a £100+ case I'd want a minimum of one Type-C USB port included in addition to those two USB 3.0 ports.

Kudos to BitFenix for experimenting with designs though.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Looks like a paper shredder

8. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Interesting design, I'd love to see it in person. I agree about it looking plastically but it still looks good from the shots. My first thought before I even saw the name (I just clicked on the link) was it reminded me of something from portal, so it's got the aesthetic, even if it's only a nod to the series rather than replica of anything in particular. Shame about the price.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

There's a review out somewhere. Guru3d maybe. Basically performs well, but it's huge for an ITX case. Don't really see the point if your paying more for a small motherboard/psu etc

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Guru3D, also Tom's Hardware and others

EDIT: So according to the Tom's Hardware review, it looks lie it was intended to acommodate 2 80mm fans at the back, but in reality you can only fit one... which seems a bit daft.

11. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Interesting...

When I clicked on Vault-tec's link I got a message from overclockers saying "This content not available on mobile devices". That's a first.

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yup and when you choose the full site option you still get nothing lol