1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Enermax Steelwing - "Black´n Tuffig"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PaYFrog, 14 Mar 2017.

1. PaYFrog

PaYFrog What's a Dremel?

Dear PC fans and enthusiasts,

I want to introduce a new mod. The Case will get the wings you can notice in the name but don´t see at the case. One of the new wings will be used for the reservoir and cooling loop. The power supply will be moved and customized a little bit. This will be done secretly, the final changes will be postet after finished changes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The fans are already prepared but not finished yet. I added some adressable LEDs and wrote some programs. The first 5 modes are allready finished. A small housing for the controller exists allready and will be mounted near the 4 fans.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A 480mm or 360mm radiator will be used to cool the GPU and CPU. For the stand alone radiator the design will get close to the case.

The gpu for the Seelwing has allready arrived. The FE coolers are still a beauty. The colour concept of builds should be seen good here.

[​IMG]

The Sleeve is here for some time. The colour is simply the best, sometimes it should be something else.

[​IMG]

The rear of the case has been replaced by a new one. The new rear holds the gpu, a connection for the PSU and pass-through for the water cooling. It will be colored with the rest of the components later.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The threaded rods from the motherboard tray I don´t need are all knocked out. The motherboard tray will also cleaned later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thats all informations I actually have. Tomorrow there will be a nice package hopefully. Then I will post another special thing for this build. I hope you like it.

Greets,
    PaYFrog

Last edited: 8 Apr 2017
  2. PaYFrog

PaYFrog What's a Dremel?

One step further. The Motherboard for the steel wing has arrived. I will use a MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC.
    The will hold an i7 7700k from Intel. To storage all data I will use a Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD with 525GB.

For the photos I got some RAM form the pcs of my friends. Which version do you like most?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. PaYFrog

PaYFrog What's a Dremel?

Last time I asked on facebook wich RAM would fit best for the MSI board in poeples opinion. The result was pretty clear and also in line with my ideas.

I ordered the G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4 2x8Gb 3000 MHz. Why RGB? Somehow I have to light the RAMs pink. ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sidepanel is already assembled. If it pass the tests, you will see some photos pretty soon.

4. PaYFrog

PaYFrog What's a Dremel?

The project now has a name; "Black ' n tuffig".

We end the week, solving the problem that many people had seen in the assembly of the gpu. The GPU is now under water.
    I've also tested and and set up the ram now, I think it´s look awesome. With the software I have experienced no problems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the water cooling system, I have some very nice stuff from CoolForce. The 12/10 hard tube and 13/10 soft tube fittings are as always top. The highlight this time, is this specifically for the build made "opaque tuffig".
    PC-Cooling GmbH once again did a great job.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

More is in progress :)