1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0c to 3.75???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nVladik, 3 Oct 2003.

1. nVladik

nVladik What's a Dremel?

What voltage should the 3.0c be set at to be stable at 3.75?

2. SittingBull

SittingBull What's a Dremel?

It really depends on your hardware. It will be different for every persons rig. Just start overclocking bit by bit and if its unstable bump up the voltages.

3. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

But do it a little at a time...

4. nVladik

nVladik What's a Dremel?

Just a paint in the arse... starts beeping and have to reset the bios and I changed a lot of options in it... changing them every time sucks... ohh well.. will have to try then i guess...

5. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

How longs a piece of string? :lol: It all depends on the specific hardware combination...

As a rule, over 1.75v for any p4 Northwood cpu is not to be recommended. Personally I would regard that as definitely an upper 'safe' limit should you want to keep the cpu any length of time.

Some cpus seem to last better than others at this sort of voltage, but electromigration/electron tunneling due to excessive voltage can kill the cpu. I know a guy who killed a 1.6A Northwood inside 4 hours by using 1.9v :duh:

As for your memory, a vdimm settings of up to 2.8v will help stability when overclocking the memory with the cpu and fsb and won't damage you memory at all. Over that and you may be fine, but 2.8v is a 'sensible' limit.

Hope this is of some help :)

6. LaughingJon

LaughingJon What's a Dremel?

i have got mine to 3.5 at default volts using my IC7-G mobo, but personally i am not one to overvolt so didnt go any higher..

if you get it to that kinda speed pls let me know what volts u are using along with mobo, cooler and temp ;)

Laters
    Jon

7. nVladik

nVladik What's a Dremel?

agggrrrr... can't even go to 3.45 at default voltage...