1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Alza.co.uk - Anyone used them before?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hitman, 21 Apr 2017.

1. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

They have the ASUS STRIX Z270I GAMING for a really good price, but I've never used them before. Anyone have any experience with them?

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Alza is a major retailer in Czech Republic and Slovakia. Obviously that means that they ship from Czech Republic (which means it could take few days to deliver to UK), and in case of RMA, you ship it back there (which means increased costs if you don't RMA it through the manufacturer). I do not know about their english speaking support line, so no idea how they do in that regard.

For me locally (as i live in Slovakia) they are one of two stores i buy stuff at.

They are reliable and have pretty good range of stuff.

And about their size - in 2015 they had a profit of 21 million euros at annual income of around 540 million euros. So yeah, not small players (considering they weren't really expanding that much back then outside CZ & SK).

Last edited: 21 Apr 2017
  3. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

4. faugusztin

Well if you read it through, most issues come down to UK delivery services. Which is not really their fault.

5. faugusztin

Also forgot this - be sure to have alternative power cables if you order something which requires powering from the socket, as you will always get only the Schuko (French) power cables with the item, unless it states that it includes other connectors too. Not relevant for the motherboard purchase, but might be relevant if you order something like TV, laptop, tablet,...

6. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Thanks faugusztin, I didn't realise they were that big. Reading a bit more on their site it appears they have a UK address for returns. That should make it easier for any issues I guess.

7. faugusztin

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Obviously just anecdotally, but I bought a monitor that was tricky to find else where from them a month or so a go:

-Price was good inc. P&P.
    -Came fairly quickly considering it was coming from the continent.
    -Was as described.

It came with an EU plug but that was fine as it was pointed out clearly in the description. Really not a big deal IMO as voltage is compatible and unearthed EU adaptors will be double insulated. Simple to either replace the plug or use a cheap adaptor.

You can pay by paypal which gives me some extra piece of mind and the £5 code for email subscription worked making the price even better. I bought some coffee to nudge the price over £70 and the coffee was okay too :)

Last edited: 21 Apr 2017