1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Where to buy...... bathroom stuff?

Discussion in 'General' started by nimbu, 26 Apr 2017.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I figured that we might have some collective knowledge on this stuff.

We are slowly redoing the house and I got some cracking deals for the main bathroom from Victoria Plumb. However now looking to get the downstairs guest cloakroom done and things are looking way more expensive.

Need a corner vanity unit and sink (already have the taps) and a new toilet. Anyone have any ideas on where to source one from outside of normal DIY places?

I am based in NW London so either somewhere local ish I can collect from or somewhere that does delivery.

TIA

Nims

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Tried Victorian Plumb not Victoria? Similar names different co. There's plumb centre, and wickes of course which should be reasonable.

3. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I did check that out, had the same unit and was the same price. Found abother place last night online which was cheaper.

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Bought my last bathroom suite from a Mixture of Bathstore, victorianplumbing, wickes and Howdens.

best to look in the showrooms then find the items online as they tend to be cheaper unless you catch a sale like we did with the bathstore.

5. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

My only advice other than to shop around is don't skimp on a toilet!

for our downstairs loo I bought the cheapest one wickes (or B&Q I forget) had to offer. The toilet seat was so limp as to be useless (which didn't bother me at teh time as we had a spare from out upstairs bathroom). But after about 18 months the basically all the flush internals gave up so it was constantly dripping, so spent almost the cost of the toilet on replacement parts from tool station, On top of that the action of the flush is terrible combined with the minimal drop of the waste plumbing its super prone to blocking. We all know to minimse solids / toilet paper use but whenever we have a load of people over I have to throw a bucket of water down it before people arrive to ensure the pipe is clear and then again the following day to make sure it doesn't block. (and don't get me started on the time we let the builders use it for three days and it backed up the whole house!!)

6. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

This place lets you collect from their showroom in Barnet - http://www.ebaths.co.uk/ (the shop is pretty high end compared to the look of the website). There's a place in Stanmore, will try and remember name (we got a £900 stainless steel bathrrom radiator for £250 from the Stanmore place).