1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by daveypro, 29 Oct 2014.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I did manage to complete my book for The Dawning. First book I actually completed! I even got full sets of the 2 Dawning special gear (I had silver left over & some credit on my Xbox account). Ther Prismatica sparrow really is my favourite new thing. Also maybe Nova Mortis <3

Also noticed today that the Tower gates are open. Presumably so Kinderguardians can get the ghost out there now that it serves literally no purpose whatsoever. Such a shame they didn't put something out there :(

2. Hex

Age of Triumph is coming next reset (Tuesday 28th March 18:00 BST), it's the beginning of the end of an era!

Bungie's Age of Triumph sandbox update stream:

TL;DW
    • Each Raid will drop iconic legendary Weapons and Armour up to maximum Light
    • Elemental Primary Weapons are making a comeback as Exotic Adept Weapons
    • Every set of Raid Armor can be augmented with new Ornament Tokens
    • Ornament Tokens and Adept Exotics drop from Challenges in Weekly Featured Raids
    • Treasure of Ages boxes will include new Chroma Armor
    • More fine-tuning for the combat sandbox is on the way!

Extra Info
    • Your Legendary Marks hold much value once again! The following vendors will have weekly rotating perks on Armor and Weapons:
      Vanguard Class Vendors (Ikora, Cayde, Zavala)
      Vanguard Quartermaster
      Lord Shaxx
      Crucible Quartermaster (Shaxx-bot)
      Dead Orbit
      Future War Cult
      New Monarchy
    • A new quest will be available to get Necrochasm into your hands.
    • Every Primary from every Raid has a new Exotic Adept version that has been blessed with an elemental damage type. I expect them to be quite handy for burns of the matching type.
      Minor Note: King’s Fall Weapons and Armor from Normal Difficulty will not be available through the 390 Light Raid Reprisal. Non-Harrowed rewards will continue to be available through their original sources.
    • Every Primary from every Raid also has its returning Legendary version that will NOT have an elemental damage type applied. You can earn these weapons from the regular 390 Raid on a Weekly Basis.
    • The Mountaintop Crucible Quest to be retired with the Age of Triumph
      With the release of the Age of Triumph, The Mountaintop Crucible Questline will be retired and may no longer be completed in full. Players may complete any Quest steps that are actively held by Characters after the release of Age of Triumph but will not progress to any further steps.

For example, if a player were to complete the Quest step Factions, they will no longer progress to the following Quest step, Trials Practice. Once this Questline has been retired, The Hothead Legendary Rocket Launcher will no longer be obtainable. Additionally, Weekly Crucible Bounties will no longer require completion of this Questline.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Sounds good, will jump back in :)

4. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Whilst it's nice to see them revisiting the older content, personally I really can't be motivated to jump back in given that none of our items or light will be carried forward to Destiny 2.

5. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

what Mr Chunks says

6. Hex

To be honest I never stopped playing. I took a break between the last Iron Banner and this event starting as I know as soon as Destiny 2's out I'll be no-lifing it for a couple of years yet again! I needed to try and fit in some other games while I still could!

I love the new ornaments too, so I want to get my ladies kitted out and looking swanky before I move them on to the new game!

I actually don't mind starting afresh for Destiny 2 as our characters & some cosmetics are carrying over to Destiny 2. Considering the new gen of consoles and it coming to PC this time, I can see why you don't carry it all over. It makes sense to do it this way. I just REALLY hope we can tweak our guardian's looks cos I want to change the hair! IRL I don't keep the same colour hair for months at a time, why should I in space?!

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Looking fabulous is my #1 priority tbh.

My PS4 main (Female Warlock "Pigtails") pretty much always runs midnight lumos (pink). The Iron Banner robes make it look like she is wearing a little hoody / body warmer.

:D

8. Hex

Hahahaha that's awesome :grin: My approach is very similar! My Awoken Warlock has been wearing Glowhoo for ages just so she's a lightbulb and my Exo Titan wears the hello kitty nightmare bright pink shader. My Human Hunter misses her Iron Regalia gear though, it was my favourite looking of all the things:

[​IMG]

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Haha, my hunter is basically identical to yours but with black hair instead... :D

10. Hex

I did try and make her look more like me, but I had pastel pink hair back when it went live and for some reason hair colour was linked HARD to eyebrow colour and the non-existant eyebrows made me angry so I deleted her and re-made her with dark blue hair :lol:

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Cool :D

IIRC My current hunter is the 4th iteration. My first three were a mixture of Human and Awoken females.

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally got my Atheon Challenge mode completed last night after missing out the first time around. Did it twice and ended up single phasing him each time. Even though it was my normal raid team (not randoms) we were still surprised how smoothly everything went. Single phasing also meant we didn't have to deal with supplicants - the cause of the majority of team wipes.

Still prefer VoG to any of the other raids. I find it just flows nicer and I prefer the aesthetics.

13. Hex

I still haven't done any 'new' raids. My clan always want to start late in the evening when I'm winding down and when I'm off work during the day nobody is about. So I've just been trying to complete the book as best I can.

14. Hex

Last edited: 17 May 2017
  15. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I think I'll try and jump back on this weekend. try and get the last few bits of light to 400 and get some of the age of triumph stuff done.

If anyone wants to play/raid (done all the raids) my GT is Mr MonkeyChunks

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A little behind the times, I started playing Destiny the other day.

It plays reasonably, although im not finding it overly challenging (just hit level nine, bonding around on the moon. Celta? Something like that.)

17. liratheal

Double post, I know, but. I'm starting to lose my rag with The Taken War: Petra.

I find it abhorrently difficult to get Taken lieutenants to show up, and when they do, they very rarely lead to one of the named guys with shitloads of health - And when one of those does show up, it's a crapshoot as to whether I get credit on the quest for it dying.

I've gone up four levels (36-40) just trying to do the Mars section of the quest.

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

what platform are you playing on?

19. liratheal

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

shame my xbox live ran out last month, and not able to renew it yet otherwise I would have given you a hand as I have done the campaign and quests many many many times before.