1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Need for Speed (2015) PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 19 Mar 2016.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Hmm maybe I will give it a go then from reading your replies. I guess I'm allowing my self to biased because I've tried the one that was given away for free on Origin.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There are a few people who bought the game after me and I've seen few complaints. If you liked the Underground games this will be a really nice surprise.

Obviously it's hard for me to say whether it's worth fifty quid as I paid £22 for it but I've got very few complaints and the ones I do have are minor :)

3. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

At long last, here's my Civic :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Vault-Tec

I like it :) Nice colour combo too :D

5. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Thanks VT, got some more screengrabs to upload so will do so this weekend

6. Behemoth

I'm still waiting for a good deal on this before I buy it, don't like the £50 asking price :(

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

try cd keys, i think i got it there for just under £30

8. Behemoth

Thats what I did in the end, got it for £21, which is a bit more like it for me :)

9. Vault-Tec

How are you finding it?

I'll be honest I have not played it since I changed my monitor and did my yearly GPU upgrade. I guess it just fell to the wayside, even more so when Far Harbor released for Fallout 4 (which is what FO4 should have been all along, it even looks better !).

No doubt at some point I will get back into this and push on and complete it but even if I never did (and I will) I still got over 20 hours out of it which for a game in this day and age is quite remarkable.

10. Behemoth

It's quite a fun game, got 2 cars on the go. The BRZ and a Mk1 Golf GTI.

Not so keen on the drift side of the game, doesn't seem to flow very well in a drift even yet in a normal race it works really well. I do find the game could do with some kind of day time mode as it is perhaps a bit gloomy and is best played at night rather than during the day.

5 hours down the rabbit hole, and I can see me putting more time into it, just have to do a reinstall on my PC as it's been playing up big time.

11. Vault-Tec

Bump ! almost a year later and I am back to playing this game. It started up and started a new game. I can't say I was best pleased, 'cause I had just procured me a 'rari and so on. So inevitably I bit the bullet and accepted that 20+ hours were lost. It wasn't so bad, because I haven't gamed at all in months now and needed to get back in the saddle.

So, overclocked water cooled Fury X handles it nicely and I have the benefit of 70hz over DP too.

I put about two hours in yesterday, then about the same today (will be going back later). Chose the Subaru this time instead of the Civic but I didnt fare too well in it until I started giving it a shove. Need to buy a drift car next, I don't like using the same car (it's hassle to switch everything around etc).

When I was back at the garage I did notice a save game showing my gold Porsche, but I had long sold it and bought a Ferrari. So god knows what's up with Origin's cloud save system.

12. Behemoth

I started the game again as I found that the BRZ I was using was a very hard car to drive and it felt like I was grinding my way through the levels.

So I started again and took the option of the FoxBody Mustang (lol the very same car you start out with thats then taken away from you) and it seems a better all round car.

I still don't like Drift events though :(

13. Vault-Tec

I'm using the Scooby this time around as I remembered the Honda hated drifting. It seems it is a faster car than the Honda. Doesn't seem as nimble though. The only thing I don't like about drifting is constantly having to go back to the garage to set it up for drift, then driving it 5 miles to the race with drift handling. There may be an easier way but if there is I have yet to find it tbh.

14. Behemoth

I generally suck at drifting events in games, but doesn't really seem to matter how the car is setup for me in this lol

15. Vault-Tec

I do OK. I don't really take it very seriously I just do what I have to to get the events done and then move back on to the racing part :)

Just saving up for a new car now. Scooby is pretty much as fast as it will ever be, now I want something more meaty !

16. Vault-Tec

Well it seems the decision was made for me. I was hoping to save up around $100k and skip the Porsches and go straight to the next segment. All of a sudden my car seemed very slow though, and I was getting nailed at the end in any medium race. So I bought myself a porker (I think it's a 911) and sold the Scooby, freeing up $50k to spend on the porker. So I am now back to winning which is nice :)

Gotta say it drifts beautifully. Far more precise.

17. Behemoth

Hmmm might have to fire up and play some more again soon. Currently playing the Hot Wheels expansion pack on Horizon 3 on my xBox One :D

18. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i was looking at picking this up ... this is one of the games i missed out on taking so long to build a new gaming rig.
    but from this thread, it seems a bit fiddly and garage-y for a NFS game ... am i wrong? is there a "just mash the gas" arcadey mode?

19. Behemoth

Apart from the Shift series of NFS games, they have all been mash the gas arcade style racers.

Each car does tend to handle differently yes, but its still very much an arcade game.

tk421 likes this.
  20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Loving this so far, got it through Origin Access, on a 7 day trial atm but I'll probably go another month on it. Got the BRZ as my first car, drifts beatifully, can't always get the scandi flick right to initiate the drift but it feels a lot better than the drifting in some other games.

Closest to NFSU & 2 it's been in a long long time.