1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam ARMA 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by adrock, 16 Sep 2013.

1. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

I had to Google Search this thread since the search feature didn't work on my phone. Apologies if there's a newer Arma 3 thread. Anyone here still play Arma 3? Add me on Steam if you want a game. There's two good CTI servers that I play on.

2. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

It's genuinely the only game I play. Love Arma 3, wish more people from here were on it. What's CTI btw? I've been playing Antistasi recently and king of the hill.
    Steam ID?

3. Retro~Burn

It's such an incredible game isn't it? Just the sheer richness of the player made content alone is worth it. I'm not sure whether the milsim more tactical aspect and steeper learning curve might put people off? Especially if they just want top jump in and have a quick game. Plus it's a system hog but worth it hah!

I've played Altis Life before which can be fun and it's interesting and funny seeing people RP a cop or whatever. What's Antistasi? Sounds interesting! By the way there's a British Armed Forces addon pack on Steam Workshop here.

CTI = Capture The Island
    Steam ID = Mach2Infinity

Servers
    Conquer the Island BECTI - OFPS.NET
    [JMW](ts|www).JammyWarfare.eu BECTI Warfare

Please feel free to add me!

4. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

It's worth the effort in my eyes. The longer you spend getting to grips with the game, the more rewarding it is. Everytime I stop playing for a week or so and come back, I am always amazed at just how beautiful the game is. It's not optimised for any hardware, but it is just stunning. The mods really do make the game. CUP, RHS and USAF are must haves.

Antistasi is pretty epic, it's a combination of RTS and FPS. You are the FIA (Guerilla fiction) and you have to use hit and run tactics to fight the FAA to take over Altis, by capturing power plants, winning over the population by doing aid missions, capturing resources etc. You can build up your base with defenses and for an added twist, the more "favorable" things you do, such as aid missions etc, you gain NATO support, so you can call in air strikes etc. The FAA can do the same with CSAT. Have a look in to it, it's pretty epic.

Ooh nice, I shall add you tonight. I need someone to play ARMA with.

5. Retro~Burn

Absolutely. Every game I have, I'll occasionally stop and admire the raw beauty of the scenery. I think Arma is unparalleled in many ways. I've been thinking about getting into modding and there's definitely a gap in the market for alien invasion/monster attack scenarios that have not been properly explored in the game yet. I'm hoping to start with the Battle:LA aliens which best suit the world of Arma 3. I also think a co-op Cloverfield/War of the Worlds Tripod defence game would be awesome if possible!

Thanks for sharing info on Antistasi. It sounds incredible and really in-depth. You play in a persistent game and get to save your progress? Let me know what server(s) you play on and we can have a few games mate.

6. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Holy thread revival, Batman!

A bit late to the party - I only picked up ARMA3 at xmas, but it is my main game now. I don't regret my time playing Insurgency and RO2:RS, but if I'd not wasted money on BF1 I could have been 6 months further down the line.

I've actually joined a unit - Last Resort Gaming. It used to be known as 82nd Last Resort - the name change dented the public server usage but it's picking up again: https://www.gametracker.com/search/arma3/?query=[LRG]+Last+Resort+Gaming

At the moment the main public server is vanilla in terms of mods and exclusively runs Invade & Annexe. There was a second public server that required ACE3 and TFAR, but it is on hold while work on the first server matures, but it will be back. I thought ARMA3 I&A was the dogs bollocks until I tried it with ACE and TFAR, which I now far prefer.

If I'm not on LRG servers, I tend towards Ahoyworld and 77th JSOC servers, both I&A too.

I'm not really a fan of the RPG mods.... very much solo modes, but I prefer the teamwork that coop modes encourage.

I do play some CTI, but don't have any preferred haunts. Likewise, I sometimes play KOTH, but less so.

So if any of you like coop modes and want some good team play, come and join me at LRG. If you fancy the occasional game of CTI or KOTH, add me on steam (cjmUK07).

7. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I find I almost never play arma apart from the op nights with my group, anyone else like that?

Not that I dont like to, just we end up playing other stuff.

8. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

eutw.net pvp warfare. it's 30v30 capture and hold, and it's been my preferred mode of multiplayer arma 3 for over a year. They run 4 servers but turn off idle ones when it's quiet, and I still see the same folk who were playing on the WS wastelands servers back when the game was in beta.

You can see the size of the layouts used here.

It's running Vanilla but allows a few client side mods (CBA, push to mute, shacktacUI,LHM).

9. Retro~Burn

Rising this thread up through the ground again. I'm running a KP Liberation mission on my server. It's basically Capture the Island except it's Co-Op as it's the players (with a Commander) vs the map's OpFor AI side. You can have your own A.I squads. Here's the wiki for more info as well.

I run 24 mods on it which is quite a bit but the community made content always enriches the game. The mods I use are primarily BWMod (German Army), BAF which is British Armed Forces kit including the L85 rifle (SA80), Challenger 2 and Eurofighter Typhoon and also CUP/RHS mods with US gear like the M1 Abrams, AH-64 Apache, F-16, F-18 and F-22. All the mods I use can be downloaded via Steam Workshop. I'm on Discord as Starkiller#2112 and on Steam as Mach2Infinity, please feel free to add me!

Server
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Mar 2018
  10. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

nice to see someone running arma 3 servers thats not fecking Exile

Retro~Burn likes this.
  11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i loved this but i find its such a mess of a mix match of mods its reuined it for me.
    If you dont play with a group of dedicated mates with it, its pointless. All this life mod and Exile stuff has killed ARMA for me. shame

I now play Squad instead. its basically a basic ARMA that just works with no saturated player base unlike ARMA

Retro~Burn likes this.
  12. Retro~Burn

@Big_malc feel free to PM me mate when you're free for a game.

@Otis1337 I get what you mean with all the mods out there. Although with most of them on Steam Workshop it's much easier now to join a server and get the mods you need. You can try out my server and see if it's to your liking.