1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Pesky little driver issues with Windows 10

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by metalglasses, 23 May 2017.

1. metalglasses

metalglasses What's a Dremel?

I have built a new PC with AMD's new Ryzen CPU, I 've been plagued with hangups since the install of the OS. I have used latency mon and discovered that I have a bunch of drivers that are causing massive hang ups during operation. Here are a list of the culprits:

ndis.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe
    storport.sys
    dxgkrnl.sys
    afd.sys
    stornvme.sys
    tcpip.sys
    nvlddmkm.sys
    dxgmms2.sys
    Wdf01000.sys
    CLASSPNP.SYS

I am not the biggest fan of dealing with driver issues. If anyone had dealt with these and possibly have a solution, please reply.

Also, a quick spec of the rig:
    CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Motherboard:MSI X370 xpower gaming titanium

Memory:G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

Graphics Card(s):NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

2. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I would be surprised if all of those drivers had individual problems. You're looking at drivers associated with graphics, sound, core windows, networking

It is more likely that there is a problem with a dependency shared by all those drivers. I'd start by obtaining the latest copies of all your key drivers.... chipset, SATA/AHCI, gfx, LAN/WiFi etc.... There are various anecdotal accounts of these components causing latency in many of the areas you have referenced.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Are drivers also showing high DPC and/or ISR? Do any stand out as being particularly high.

Also under the stats tab is the measured and report CPU speed the same?

4. metalglasses

I actually forgot I made a thread on this here at bit-tech. I just now recorded me just browsing the web and opened up steam and streaming some video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iysakbq83jhzvmu/Drivers.txt?dl=0

I downloaded a ryzen chipset driver and that made the pc usable enough to at least get some work done.

5. metalglasses

I have updated the graphics, the chipset, the wifi adapter, I have used the windows update mini tool to get windows updates and still having issues.

Every now and then the screen goes black and comes back and causes all apps to crash.

(Edit) What is the best way to get updates for my key drivers?

Last edited: 3 Jun 2017
  6. metalglasses

I feel like I have tried everything from updating drivers, making some tweaks, to any other suggestions made by you guys and other guys from other forums. I made some progress, I still have issues that do make it hard to operate. I have noticed that ram slots 1 and 3 don't get past post and the first pci-e slot doesn't get past post as well. I have suspected my board for a while, but I want to at least try. So I have decided to RMA my board, I'll attempt to ship it out by monday with newegg (never tried through them). So anyways, thanks for the help so far, I'll update this thread with the results and other follow through. So... yea, it had been fun.

7. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

You've done a BIOS update already I presume? If not, try it

8. metalglasses

I did, version 1.6, it had no effect on the issue. I did just about everything software wise. Like I said, ram slots 1 and 3 won't work and the same for the first pci-e x-16 slot won't post. I think and hope sending the mobo to msi may show something. I did just about everything. Including installing windows 10 on two separate drives.

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Does sound hardware related rather than software related to me

10. metalglasses

I just got my board back from msi, it's the same board with the same issues about ram and pci-e slot functionality, literally the exact same problems! (Did they even look at it?!) I will attempt to call msi monday and try one last time. This time, I will add a mark on the underside of the plastic cover of the ports. If I see that mark when it comes back, I will not use that board, I'll buy from asus. I will leave a note with the board and see what will happen. This is quite disappointing.

11. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Are you running any VM software?
    Have you looked in device manager to check for warnings?

Last edited: 18 Jun 2017
  12. metalglasses

Update, I have sent the board back to msi, they gave me a new board, but this time it's only the ram slots 2 and 4 work, all pci-e slots work. I have been having a hard time with amd rma because they see that the system wasn't updated. well, it was at one point and I was having the issues I listed. so nothing from them. I went to test to see if it is the ram itself. same result, nut I am now electrocuting myself when ever I touch the case or anything conductive. I am think it's a faulty PSU, anyone agree?

13. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

You're electrocuting yourself? In what way? It sounds like you've got a massive static build up and it isn't grounding properly. That's what used to happen when I lived in Holland as most of their plugs aren't earthed. It's the same on the USA, sometimes.