1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I know that feel. I'm trying to replay Bioshock Infinite at the moment and manage to squeeze in about 5 hours a week; at this rate it's gonna take me the rest of the year.

I know the thread is "what have you completed" and not "what haven't you completed" but shout out to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, a game which lives up to its name and which I have still never completed. I'm about to reinstall it and try again.

edit - TY for the info Plastic_Manc, Aterius.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Strangely I struggled to finish this game the first time but quite enjoyed it the second time around some years later.

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Bioshock Infinite was better than 1 or 2, IMO, but I still never completed it. For a setting I should find sucks me in, the games just grate so badly I can't explain it.

Frustrating, but it's not like there aren't lots of other options out there! ;)

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sniper Elite 4.
    A game too far in this franchise, I had no idea what the story was about given that there was probably 20-30 collectables each level which meant a hell f a lot of exploring.
    Sniper? In name only seeing as he spent most of the time on the ground either stealthy killing or machine gunning.
    Why is it that devs do not seem to know when to stop, but of course it is the greedy publishers who do not give a damn about content as long as the money rolls in?

5. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Last few games 'completed' most recent first:

Sid Meir's Colonization - did not really get into this game as much as Civ4. Felt a little bulky and only really one way of winning. Tried to persevere for as long as I could but I think I've been too affected by Civ4 game play to enjoy it much.

Guild Wars Trilogy : I was a latecomer to the fun and in fact gw2 was released very shortly after I initially started playing. Had a long break after enjoying the initial moments but progressing very little. Upon my return managed to find a good guild *still many there that are helpful* restarted as a Mesmer in Nightfall (my fave campaign by far). Spent over 1200 hours many months of enjoyment and finished GWAMM. Now I'm not sure if I'll ever log in again now that I've found an awesome love for gw2. About the only thing may be is to sell off my assests for more in gw2 but there is no need. A newer brighter version that is different in many ways but a solid excellent game. Both of them.

Dota 2: Not sure if you can ever finish a game like Dota 2. Over 1500 hours spent is still a helluva lot of time. A game style I had never played until thus turned up on steam as a free game. I loved it from the get-go. I was drawn in by the richness and crispness of the UI, the detail of the maps, the sense of adventure and fun from the heroes and the thrill and adrenaline from the challenge. I was hooked. I was addicted. Loved the game. I think for me went downhill after they introduced the ranking system. Initially seemed a good way to reward yourself and aim for the higher ranks but I soon realised it was a bane and sucked the fun out of solo play...a multiplayer that encouraged solo soul sapping commitment was the beginning of the end for me. Will always love it but I don't think I'll ever return. (15 months free today lol) :clap:

Last edited: 8 Jun 2017
  6. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

I assume that you refer to the new one? In any case the original I've played through twice. Amazing game. Really different from anything else that was available.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yes. I am sure I have played the original, will need to check.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's a shame; I'm still enjoying Sniper Elite 3 bought cheaply on Steam, with all the DLC. It's become a LAN night staple this year.

Maybe SE4 will be more palatable if bought on the same basis :)

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

SUPERHOT
    It was pretty good, novel artwork and entertaining game mechanics. Story was sufficiently weird and engaging!

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Ghost Recon Wildlands...

Christ on a bike that ending was predictable from about 5 minutes into the game.. And the final mission was basically a longer, more time constrained version of EVERY OTHER MISSION, except you cant even use ****ing stealth..

Still a good game, but wouldn't put out more than £20 on it.

11. rockyforgotun

rockyforgotun What's a Dremel?

I've had my eye on Ghost Recon, how long did it take you to get to the final mission? Would you recommend it for someone who enjoyed The Division? :worried:

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Eh, probably 25-30 hours?

I did quite a lot of fannying about to go and get all the guns etc. It is 10x better if you play it with even one other squad mate.

I never touched The Division, so couldnt compare im afraid.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I finished Mirrors Edge Catalyst last night; great game, lovely, smooth free running and the city they've built is beautiful. It is let down by some of the forced combat sections though, which were annoying at best and frustrating and worst, overall though I'd definitely recommend it.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think I did 40 hours. I've not opened Uplay since, though. They just dropped an update that fixes the vehicles I read

16. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Rime - Just finished playing this game with my 5 year old daughter, such an awesome game, great art style and the soundtrack was just brilliant, that game really hit me in the feels. would recommend everyone play it through.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I hate boss fights and this one was particularly tedious as you take so long to heal and every hit from mother takes a big chunk out of you and then to top it all once you get 'Mother's' health bar down to a certain level which I managed to do once it is then press this key then that key.
    Given up for the day as I get so frustrated with the pointlessness of these fights.
    The boss in question.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

The Age of Empires II: African Kingdoms (campaign specifically).

Seeing an 18 year old game still being actively played and even being updated and expanded upon really warms my heart. It's a shame that games are a medium where even some of its most highly praised works tend to "expire" quickly and get mostly forgotten, because of "antiquated" mechanics and graphics or hardware and software issues.

Some very fun, some less fun scenarios. Generally well-made and rather beautiful looking environments throughout (the amount of detail and eyecandy makes the original campaign look almost spartan). AoK's high quality 2D art holds up really well even today. Nearly all of the new unit and building graphics fit in seamlessly with the original stuff.

It's a deliberate design choice but I think a few of the new missions rely far too much on the AI cheating. Especially in the final scenario (Yodit 5) this became very overt and quite ridiculous: I could see the enemy had no economy whatsoever and just a tiny fortress south on the map, but they kept on spawning tons and tons of units without end. They always took a certain route through a small passage, so I ended up continuously bombarding this area with a bunch of siege onagers, creating a "death zone" of just a few squares hundreds of units kept walking into only to die instantly.
    Since there was no way of getting past this constant stream of enemy units I got stuck for a while and eventually "cheated" by destroying part of the scenery you clearly weren't meant to destroy (buildings of an ally) and getting to a position where a trebuchet could hit the final objective from a distance far enough away so enemies couldn't hit it back. I waited a minute for the building to be destroyed and got the You Win screen. Not a very satisfying ending.
    Needless to say the opponent's death count in the after-game overview was ridiculous: over 1400 (of which I'm sure at least 1200 died in that small choke point).

The 4 new campaigns were entertaining in general but this last mission left a bit of a bad taste.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2017
  19. rma

rma Minimodder

Just finished Ghost Recon - took me 101h in solo and 50h in co-op for 100% completion.

Loved it.

Now a short break before I hit the DLC.

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Finally managed to conquer the entire world in Europa Universalis IV last night, I dread to think how long I've been playing my campaign as Albania... I think I can probably work it out as I recall posting in the "what are you playing" topic when I started it, I don't want to though as it'll be a horribly large amount of time where I've been staring at a map of the world.

Also managed get around to finishing Trine 2 on the PS4, the last part of the game was on the back-burner for ages but I can finally cross it off of my list of games to finish... now the question is do I bother starting Trine 3 or leave it on the list of games I probably won't get around to.