1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Antec P182 Nano Evolved

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SiZZiGY, 12 Oct 2013.

1. SiZZiGY

SiZZiGY Nano Evolution in progress...

Thanks Meelobee :)

I'll try to finish it faster as possible but isn't easy, this kind of plastic isn't easy to work :/ Maybe this is why I've forgotten :D

2. SiZZiGY

Hello crazy modders!

There was long time I haven't posted more pics about mod beacause I was forced to do a break. Alot of things I did last weeks are hard to photography because that is my objective, make disapear all defects, at the final pics i'll show more "zoom" pictures. Anyway I found a new way to use dremel at the forum :lol::lol::lol: and the result is very good. There is some pics just after cutting new corners on the back side pannel without finish them.

[​IMG]

Before corners wasn't regular and not symetric, now its kinda better :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is how i'll do finally this side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to work fast, but maybe a bit too fast...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like all is ok :)

[​IMG]

And the other side just sucks :/ My cutting near the PSU is like 3/4mm too big :/ (sry I have just this picture about this "error" wasn't really happy and no time to loose to make more pictures about this fail :wallbash:)

[​IMG]

2nd try

[​IMG]

I decided to do nicer edges, like 1mm at 45°, I have better feeling like this. And error again :duh: 2 holes in wrong place... Fortunately isn't too hard to repair this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wrong holes fixed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is how it will fit

[​IMG]

Fitted on case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With natural HDR rendering :cooldude:

[​IMG]

Now this is time to work at this "backdoor". It wasn't easy, many patience and I stole my GF nail file, the only way to do what I wanted.

[​IMG]

Nail file is thin, but not thats easy to work with this kind of weak tool :/

[​IMG]

Little break, see how the door will looks like

[​IMG]

And the result

[​IMG]

Looks like no cutting error :)

[​IMG]

Fitted on case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is 3 "same" pics with diffrent lens focus to explore the cuttings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now have to fix the bottom parts

[​IMG]

It is time to adjust

[​IMG]

All looks like crappy :/

[​IMG]

So lets do something fun to found motivation!! An rotative hatch!! (Why not??!?!:rock:)

[​IMG]

:duh::duh::duh::duh: ....:duh::duh: ... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.... :duh::duh:

The top screw is at the place of the big hexa... Stay calm, i'll found a way to repair this again. The restart is finally a bit hard :D:D

[​IMG]

As the beauty TV show with the "Before/After" effect, this is before making adjustement

[​IMG]

And After!

[​IMG]

Door open again :)

[​IMG]

The big hexa will get some led inside to make it glow with this plexi.

[​IMG]

A piece of double-sided tape later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The place between the aluminium parts must be enough for the airflow of the PSU

[​IMG]

At the bottom there is about 1cm for the air

[​IMG]

And a fast cycle of open/close of this side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for this "backside" I had big worries about the PSU side and all modification that I havent planed, I hope its looks not too heavy once pained. Everything except the bottom hide pannel will be white, and this pannel will be black.

That is the end for today, see you soon with less fails I hope!!

PS : Once again sorry for my english today, I am out of strengh to struggle with the google translater :D I'll try to do my best later!

3. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

If there is one thing people cannot say, it is that you didn't really mod it. So much hardwork. I love it!

4. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

I dont know what it is with this week, but a lot of my favorite mods have come alove again. Glad to see this one back on track, as it's one of my absolute favorites. Will continue to eagerly follow :)

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I love this build and it just keeps getting better and better :rock:

6. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

As a fellow P182 owner. I love this mod!

7. SiZZiGY

Thanks alot guys(girls?!? :p) :)

Next week I'll be all day long on the mod, hard work for nice result I hope :)

8. SiZZiGY

Hello everyone!

Time as come to cut the watercooling purge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now have to create this hole
    [​IMG]

Done!
    [​IMG]

I haven't the right "bit" but with the dremel I did the job.

[​IMG]

Match perfectly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is 0 mm of each side, I hope it will not be a problem later.

[​IMG]

I tryed to surround with white the pump/reservoir hole, but I don't really like it so I'll remove it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a new plate to separate the MB room with the radiator/pump room, bigger and nicer with perfectly match hole for the pump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waiting the week end for the final paint job, I wanted to see how it will looks like with components and take some mesurement for the future pannels for hide the PSU connector of the graphic cards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finished the new pannel, looks like alot better than the old one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I will turn upside down the crossfire watercooling bridge, like this it can match perfectly to get the water out of crossfire directly to the reservoir. It will not be easy but I'll try :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is week end!! Time for the last paint session :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work in progress :hip:

[​IMG]

Back to home, I did thoses photos at 22h so it can not be perfect light condition but I wanted to publish the result at the end of weekend to get my free week for work and not loose too much time. Fortunatelly the 6400 Iso resolution of my new camera did the job to show you the result :) All parts are juste "fast fixed" because I lack of time, and in other hand that will give me opportunity to do a better photo shoot at the end for final pics and let you discover more complete things. So I let you discover the final outside paint :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for today, I really hope that you will appreciate it :)

It wasn't for sure my first idea but I haven't other choice, in the future I'll be more attentive to not loose time as I did for this back pannel and the PSU extention but I did my best to make it work.

After almost 2 years of work, I start to see the end of the tunnel with this final outside paintwork (without lights at the moment) I really hope that all this time and work will provide a very unique mod on this case. For me antec P182 (and P180) is an very important case of the PC case history by change the place of the PSU from top to bottom, and I really try to save the soul of this case let the people not forget the origin of my mod, especially because I found this case very nice without mod too.

So see you all later, with new things, and finally the part I wait since so long, the watercooling setup :)

Last edited: 17 May 2015
  9. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

This is one of my favorite mods going on here at Bit-Tech. The P18X series are amazing indeed, and I absolutely love what you've done with it :)

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

WOW.:D
    Love the layers. This is going to look awesome.
    The back may be more interesting than the front, though. Another wrap-around part would look cool there.

12. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

wow indeed, the layering makes it look very interesting.:thumb:
    It might be an idea to redo the top in a similar way as the side and back. Even though the top has the honeycomb design it looks a bit out of place, it doesn't have the same 'flow' as the rest of the case.

13. SiZZiGY

Hello!

Sry for this long time again not responding, I was over busy and I'll be busy thoses 2 next years too because I changed my professional road because of modding... I am now miller/adjuster after 2 years of studies and I am able to operate at CNC machines based on G-Code ISO-Fanuc/Siemens and soon heidenhain language up to 5 axes. My company paid me 2 years more of formation to 2019 because they believe in me and my project to realise PC cases. So yeah, I turned my life to became a modder with more skills than I had before.

So thanks again for your responses and sorry again for this long time but I was a very intensive period for me to working hard to be great in my profession and maybe it was a passage in my life when I have some doubts about this way but now i'm sure that is way is mine.

All you said is so true... Its like you are in my head but to be honnest with you, when u made that remark to me, I didn't wanted to accept this reality because maybe bcs I don't had the possibilities to do what agreed with your point of view. It's somethime hard to accept that we worked hard to take the wrong dirrection and I was in this case with this top... Thanks you so much melobee to being here and make me not forget that I must work not only at pc cases but at my mind first at all to became the most objective possible and be able to mod with the best ideas to create cases with that subtile harmony that make some project so special.

Horever, I was not completly inactive and I did some things on this case and for sure I'll share with you all the changed I did.
    For me this mod is maybe the point of a new prefessionnal life (and life at all) I gived all I had and goes to search why I hadn't to be able to express what I have in my head and I must finish it beacause it is for me the point when my life changed. Then see you here soon with all my new tools and skills :dremel:

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Welcome to the cnc dark side. Some people here don't like it, but it's easier on your fingers than filing.

15. SiZZiGY

Next week I'll start to make this guy :

[​IMG]

It is a suspended support for 2"5 hard drives who will be in the 3"5 rack, I don't want any noise or vibration so I'll try this way.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2017