1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

I tried that, but i got like 50 results on RS-Components, and yes i did read that in the project log. The thing is that I cant figure out what one it is because i dont have the exact dimensions.

2. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Do you really need the exact same thing as G-Gnome?

3. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

lmao i was thinkin the same thing...

i mean just measure out what size u want the project box in reference to.... then buy one that size....

4. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Hi Broots and welcome to the forums! :)

I have thought about KB, mouse etc. I quite like the clear Mac keyboard. I'd like to use one of those and dress up the internals a bit - chrome a few bits and add some neon plexi strips etc. I won't do any more thinking about it though until the case is completely finished. It's not critical for me unless I was going off to a LAN or something. Priority = low at the moment. Good question though.

5. Skullpopper

Skullpopper What's a Dremel?

Man oh man! I am completely in awe of your skills, planning, execution and results.

I shifted over to bit-tech looking for some more mature members to mingle with and boy was I not let down. Im sitting here looking at my case "Unbridled Mayhem" and then at yours...Im actually embarrased. At the other forum I was actually one of the high end modders pulling ideas out that others there had not done or seen. I come over here and I see them done left and right. I feel like hell now looking at some of my crooked cuts and hurried imperfections.

You have an exquisite taste for style, an impecable ability to produce the intended results and will have one hell of a conversation piece when all is said and done. I applaud you.

Now if only you can get everyone else to read your very well written and painstakenly detailed log we can all go home happy. It took me several lunch periods and several late nights to thouroughly read every word of every post (including fan comments and responces) in each of your threads. It is really sad some of the things that were asked. For anyone reading this take note: The man planned every little detail of this case down to the last bolt and rubber washer prior to starting a single part of the actual construction...do you really think he is interested in what parts you think he should use. He has already bought and measured and in most casses completely disfigured every part he needs and then some.

Another note: The more we rush him for updates the more chances he will have for mistakes or shortcuts. G-gnome You are doing one hell of a job. Don't let the "community" cause you to rush something that was originally started for you. We are just observers of the creativity.

I patiently await whatever future update you may provide us with.
    I see nothing that I would change. Its beautifull. Masterpiece.

6. Demo

Demo What's a Dremel?

Loves the Orac^3

<log off>

7. GUIGUI

GUIGUI What's a Dremel?

Re: sorry in advance...

Sorry to ask again but your last update ( :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: ) as shadowned my question. yes some people has tried to answerd but they were just making supposition (as me). so anybody here has the knowledge to answer me?

8. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Welcome to the forums GUIGUI :)

I think the reason no one has answered this is that they don't see it as relevent to the project and don't want to hijack the project thread by starting a discussion on a speculative and theoretical topic, however interesting. :rolleyes:

It will not be operated near magnetic fields and I won't be subjecting it to EMP. It will be no more or less shielded than a metal case (considering all the components will be enclosed in metal in some fashion).

Discussions on EMI and shielding against it will probably get a better response in another of the forums. Possibly posting this question in Electronics would get some answers fairly quickly.

Cheers

9. GUIGUI

GUIGUI What's a Dremel?

OK, sorry. Thank for the guide tough.
    Ho and let just say your case is realy beautyfull

10. broots

broots What's a Dremel?

Didn't mean to stress ya, G-gnome.. he he
    Really looking forward to see everything finished! :D

(and waiting patiently for the next update)

11. Zeus

Zeus What's a Dremel?

OMG

Modders unite for we have a new leader !!!
    Hail the king :clap: Hail the king :clap:

G-gnome, you have thrown the gauntlet down, you have sparked a new fire in me for modding. I must say I am impressed to say the least, checked out bit-tech yesterday came across your mod and spent the next 2 hours reading everything you wrote. Then proceeded to think about your mod for the rest of the day, I was having flash backs it was crazy......but awesome.

Seriously, thank you for sharing with us your creation, good luck with the rest of the project, cant wait to see what's next !!

12. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

thats sweet modding there man :thumb: very nice

i bet it cost a lot tho :hip:

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

oh my god.. this is one of the best case's I've ever seen if not the best. :clap: :rock: freaking nice case..

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I am stunned. I am shocked & stunned. I am amazed, shocked & stunned. This has to be the mod of the century.

I agree with what pug said about 7-8 pages back. There are rumours of an impending remake of Blake's 7, and I feel we should direct the props buyer (they also hire) to your door.

:clap:

15. Xavier

Xavier What's a Dremel?

Hi,

one word: WOW!!
    This is really great I have seen mods for a couple of years now (4). But this one RULES!!

btw I am from the otherside off the world. The Netherlands.

16. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Hi Xavier, hehe, I know where the Netherlands are - My mother is Dutch (born in Arnhem) so I have a soft spot for Holland. I plan to visit one day and meet all the relatives I barely know. :)

Also welcome to the forums! And welcome to IanW, Keir, lordnicon21 (the answer to your question in the other thread is a few posts into the thread, don't just look at the piccies ;) ), and Zeus (nice feedback dude, thanks :) ).

Broots - You didn't stress me for a second there :hehe: :eeek:

17. Laxman

Laxman What's a Dremel?

Chalk up one more Bit-Tech forums n00b.

Excellent work, G-Nome - the attention to detail is nothing short of maniacal (and I mean that as a compliment =).

I can't wait to get some free time to actually read every post in your updates. I'm at work and just skimming through.

Thanks for taking the time to document all your work for the all us in the drooling hordes to watch. Good luck and keep on posting the pics :)

-- Lax

18. kamikaze cow

kamikaze cow What's a Dremel?

I hate you... I can see my ugly case on the floor and i have been thinking of your amazing case since i have seen it. The clear art of material.

19. Randomboy

Randomboy What's a Dremel?

I too had to register simply to say what an incredible piece of work you have created. I've done a bit of work creating car stereo sub boxes and the like, mostly working with wood, but I've done a bit of plexi work, and what your doing is simply awesome, especially with the tools you have at your disposal. Your definitely an inspiration :) :rock: :rock: :rock:

20. AssMan

AssMan What's a Dremel?

whoa :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

u r a friggin god!!! :thumb: i too registered just to add a post to the never ending string. its amazing! i have so many ideas exploding through my brain...... IT HURTS!!!!! :wallbash:

very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very,very, very, very good :rock:

cant wait to see the stealthed mobo.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.