1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News TP-Link launches Deco M5 mesh networking stations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 4 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Nice forum! Hmm kinda miss reading the comments right under the article though :(

But still! I saw Mesh stuff at Best Buy and they are PRICEY!

But does mesh allows to use just 1 SSID? unlike my cheap $50 extender that creates an additional SSID and rather annoying to connect....

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You still can! You can't post a comment (and smileys appear to be broken), but you can read 'em just fine:

comments.jpg

Yes, it does, and in theory should handle proper hand-off so that you'll always be connected to the node with the strongest signal - which is something the old-fashioned method of multiple APs with identical SSIDs struggles to do.

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

LOL! I didn't realize that's the comment section! lol sorry first time visit on the new look....

and thx for answering my question! Might be a good time to invest in mesh-network since between the wife and I (and our 5 yr old), we got 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 3 phones, a TV, a streamer, and my gaming desktop...... and I'm sure a few more I forgot. But having the extender is a mess with sharing or streaming. Steam-streaming is constantly an issue, my Chromecast is flakey, and 1 of the laptop (win10) sometimes won't detect the extended SSID.......

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Also only the new smileys are broken. The old school ones work perfectly. The ability to comment from the article should be coming soonish i think.
    Also coming soonish

Tags: Add Tags