1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs The games industry needs to learn when to let things end

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 Jul 2017.

1. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I think Mass Effect Andromeda's problem was actually Mass Effect. If it was a different IP all together, it would be a pretty serviceable sci-fi shooter/rpg. As it was, the weight of expectation to succeed was insurmountable; It was never going to be able to live up to it all.

As it is, I had a lot of fun playing the game. I just glossed over all the story and the entirely 2D characters. I really enjoyed shooting stuff.

Another thing to note too; I think its all too easy to get carried away with criticising MEA. True, it had some issues, but there are a lot worse games out there that seem to escape the mob unscathed. (I'm looking at you Destiny aka; grind-a-thon)

liratheal likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean i can pretty much guarantee at least one friend will be down to play at a time so it's always fun. I also enjoy playing a quick ARAM on LoL solo while listening to music or watching a stream on the other monitor. I just feel like single player games take too long to ramp up i suppose. With a multiplayer game i pretty much know what to expect straight away. The last single player game i played was GTAV on release and that was because i got it 4 days before launch so i couldn't play multi with any friends.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

While I agree, I can't seem to put Destiny down right now..