1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Thermaltake Core x9 - "White Memory"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PaYFrog, 17 Mar 2017.

1. PaYFrog

PaYFrog What's a Dremel?

Dear PC enthusiasts,
    today I want to introduce to you my second Thermaltake Core x9 build. This time I want to do something other than last time. I allready made some changes, so you can still see the concept.

Basement:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Concept:
    The case will be seperated horizontaly. The lower part of the case will be holding two 480mm/60mm radiators. The new cover on each side of the case will hold one of them. Behind the front I will add an HDD/SSD cage, so you can mount them easily. The PSU will get a new position in the upper of the case. Mounted right behind the front, you got a great view on the PSU and the cables. Next to it I will mount the reservoir and go straight to the midplate into the lower section of the case. To get a good view all over the case I will install acrylic plates in the top and both sides.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The sidepanels for the lower part of the case are finished. In fact of missing fans I mounted the radiators without them. The pump is allready mounted at the final position. The HDD cage is integrated in the front of the case.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I hope you like it.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2017
  2. PaYFrog

PaYFrog What's a Dremel?

It's been some time since the last update on this project. This can be seen in the "Progress Photos" too. [​IMG];)

Apart from the dust, what happened? -

- the radiators (2 x 480 mm / 60 mm) and fans have now found space in the lower chamber.
    - the wiring was largely completed (io is still missing).
    - the pass trough by the midplate has been tested; close!
    - the system has been filled.

The final work will be completed in the next few days. Then everything will be removed from the dust again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you like it. Looking forward to finish it. :)

3. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Looks good! You should have gone dual loops, did it with m X9, worked great, had to change it out though, need a lot of desk for that case!!