1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That's all for now...

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Unicorn, 20 Jun 2017.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Summer is here, the temperatures have risen and the hosting site that I’ve had my farm in for the past 2+ years is undergoing an overhaul and infrastructure upgrade, which means that my rigs are offline at the moment. I’ve hit top 10 in the team, have consistently been amongst the top 5 producers and am now on over 900m points. At this point I feel like it’s time to wind down and pretty soon I’ll be taking a break from Folding. I have invested a lot of time and money in the project over the past couple of years and enjoyed building the new farm and contributing to the team and project. I will probably keep going until I hit 1Bn (which should be achievable within 1 month when I get the farm back online again) and then call it a day for a while.

I don’t know what I’m going to do with the hardware at the moment. I will probably try to sell off the lower end gear on the marketplace and hold onto the newer and higher end gear for my next run at the leader board in the future.

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Congrats and many thanks Uni for your contributions! Hopefully another ice age will return once the upgrades are completed so you can rejoin the fold (see what I did there) again.

With your short term recovered capital will you be focusing on any of your other projects?

3. Unicorn

Yes, definitely! Every spare penny is being thrown at the GT-Four project! :)

4. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Excellent progress you made this year :thumb:
    Enjoy the break - hopefully you'll pop back when the temperatures go back to being more typical for the UK, i.e. colder :hehe:

5. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Good work mate, you have done awesome over the years, im currently not producing anything myself but in the future I will be back once I have had some building work etc done at home :grin:

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

If the old hardware includes some good CUDA GPUs, I might be interested.

7. Unicorn

There is a thread in the United Kingdom marketplace called "GPU Clearout". I have several MSI GTX 970s left, going for very sensible money.

8. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I've got a load of EVGA GTX 560Ti's if anyone wants some bookends :hehe:

9. Unicorn

Haha and I've still got GTX 295s kicking around from my last big GPU farm if anyone needs some paperweights! :hehe: