1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Sleeving & Cable making experiments (braiding and new materials)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SHNS0, 25 Jul 2017.

1. SHNS0

SHNS0 Enter Plasma

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I'm a sleever and cable maker from Italy, today I'd like to show you some of my most interesting and unique works.
    I've been experimenting with braids and new materials and I would like to know what you think about it :)

Silver cables: only electrical cable - no sleeving. The cable is silver-plated copper with transparent teflon insulation, it reflects and refracts light like no other and it's truly wonderful in a well-lighted and/or RGB build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Braided cables: after trying my hand with a really complex prototype that was looking wonderful but wasn't able to finish completely (inspired by the Crysis nanosuit), I went on doing more simple braidings.
    However there's still much more to be experimented in this area!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feedback and critics are always well accepted :)

iWalkingCorpse likes this.
  2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'm not keen on the Teflon coated wires but I like the braiding you've done on the sleeved wires. I'd like to see photos of a completed system with the braided cables.

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Very nice.

Would be interested to see more LED effects with the teflon cables.

4. SHNS0

SHNS0 Enter Plasma

The dude that got the yellow/grey cable will probably be getting the whole set, cant wait to show pictures of that ;)

Me too! Still looking for someone with a full-on RGB build for those. The fiber optic-like illumination they get is really nice.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely.

6. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

Very nice , especially like the different braiding

7. pcmodscanada

pcmodscanada Modder/Gamer/Programmer

I'm a sleever as well, tho I stick to standard cables :). Personally I haven't liked the braiding I have seen in the past but you have taken it to a new level, well done sir :)

8. SHNS0

SHNS0 Enter Plasma

Thanks man :clap:
    It's all about experimenting. Braiding is a whole new and unexplored dimension of personalization. You can not only choose the color scheme, but also the shape. Makes for a LOT of extra combinations ;)

But of course, like with color combinations, not every shape looks good, and not every shape will be universally loved. Just have to experiment ;)

I agree that the works that I've seen in the past were really not interesting and looking messy. It's all about the approach: one thing is trying to find a cheap gimmick for your latest mod, and another one is doing something new that fits the style of the PC.