1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Looks like we're moving. After we complained this new house was uninhabitable, they basically fixed every problem we had with it. We still need to decorate, but it should be okay.

I hate moving and we've done it so much over the years but this place is basically a forever home - we even have the right to buy it. The schools are both near and well performing, as well.

Off to packing I go.

Guest-23315, MadGinga and Vault-Tec like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally getting my thermal image processing script back up and running (through an Ubuntu 14.04 virtual machine, because the Future Is Stupid) and working out how to make it render to a non-stretched fixed-scale colour palette, and figuring out a way to 'boost' the resolution from sub-VGA to 2K-ish without making it look awful.

[​IMG]

Bodes well for an upcoming feature I'm working on, that!

adidan and goldstar0011 like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Now that looks like fun !

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It is a COMPLETE and TOTAL PAIN in the ARSE.

Which is why I've volunteered to take photographs like that of every currently active mainstream model of Raspberry Pi. D'oh!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You really love your Pi don't you. Have you considered any different flavours tho?

6. Gareth Halfacree

No, but it pays the bills.
    Like what? I've got 'ere several Orange Pis, a few Banana Pis, various CubieBoards including the new CubieBoard 6, MinnowBoards, the BeagleBone Black, the AMD-powered Gizmo and Gizmo 2, Nvidia's ill-fated Tegra-based thingy (the original one, not the newer one), the Asus Tinkerboard, the LeMaker Guitar, Imagination's Creator CI20, the Adapteva Parallela, a couple of Hummingboards, the SolidRun CuBox-i... and that's before even considering the microcontrollers, of which there are many.

There are pretty pictures of most of 'em over here.

MeMo likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Yeah that's it Gaz, make your life nice and easy :D :D

MeMo likes this.
  8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd tell you to get a hobby, but it looks like youve got one

9. Gareth Halfacree

S'all for work, that. Never even touch 'em in my off hours.

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

3rd Test.
    Partners lunch at Goodman.
    Empty inbox.

All is well.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Another afternoon fiddling with the thermal image script, trying to create a high-contrast rainbow palette that it doesn't stretch. The result isn't perfect, but it's as close as I'm going to get:

[​IMG]

(Compare the scale down the right-hand side to my earlier image; notice how the colours are more evenly spread, whereas before the red and white dominated with the colder colours crushed way down at the bottom.)

Vault-Tec likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

That's awesome :)

13. Gareth Halfacree

Ta! It's not perfect - the white gradient is too long, there's a little too big a solid green block, and a bit too much blue - but considering it's been trial and error it's close enough. Definitely shouldn't waste any more time on it - especially as the feature for which I'm preparing hasn't yet been confirmed...

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Getting a visit from an inspector next week regarding the water damaged pc, from my brothers insurance company so just got to see what they say.

Good thing is that I won some money on bingo, the other day and it hit my bank yesterday so was able to get a new board, ram, cpu etc in order to get back up and running at almost full speed, all I need to do now is get enough money saved for some new graphics cards.

Now sat reinstalling everything which is a PITA but better on this than on the machine my brother let me borrow which he didn't tell me had faulty motherboard and wouldn't pick up all the ram, but the board has done well it's an old P8Z77-v Pro.

adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  15. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Very Nice!!!

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

finally learnt how to efficiently work with high poly sub division. I should have ditched my IT career years ago. :rock:

[​IMG]

MeMo and Byron C like this.
  17. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

18. Vault-Tec

Sea Bream and pea and ham risotto from Waitrose.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Kevlar-reinforced motorbike jeans. My current pair with their 48" waist are comically large on me these days, and starting to feel unsafe.

[​IMG]

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I had no idea that motorbike jeans were a thing. You learn something new everyday!

How much protection do they actually offer?