1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enermax NEOChanger Review

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by CalyxComputers, 4 Aug 2017.

1. CalyxComputers

CalyxComputers What's a Dremel?

Hello and welcome!

My name is Tom and I represent Calyx Computer – Custom Projects or CCCP.

Today I share you my experience with the new out of the Box Enermax NEOChanger. Their first product to gain attention in the custom watercooling market. A very special thanks and shout out goes out to Enermax for sending this one in!

[​IMG]

But what is the NEOChanger?

It is a combination of an alloy cased d5 pump and an acrylic reservoir. It supports standard g1/4 threads and has a small display indicating current pump speed and also has controllable RGB lightning through the included IR remote or mainboards with rgb header. The light is around the reservoir and lights of the pmma reservoir and coolant.

The reservoir height is 100mm and the overall dimensions are 93.2x94x195,3mm.

The Pump has a ceramic Nano bearing and should last at least 100,000 hours. The flowrate is by 900 L/h and the head delivery is 5.2 meters.

Let’s talk about the package.

[​IMG]

It comes in this nice designed box with the NEOChanger itself on top and various information printed on the side like reservoir size for example.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let’s take a look inside. That’s what you probably wait for.

Right on top we have the user manual. It’s not spectacular but taking a peek inside, never harmed. Under the foam is already the actual NEOChanger waiting behind his wedding dress to be married in your cooling loop.

[​IMG]

Then we have a white box, containing the rgb signal wire, vertical mounting bracket and bracket pads, remote control and other stuff like this atx jumper. Looks almost like the one i did back a few weeks with custom sleeving. So yeah thanks for the atx connector Enermax.

[​IMG]

The sensor for the remote control is a bit hidden under the pump. We’ll see if this was a good idea or not.

[​IMG]

The NEOChanger is powered via sata connection, which is sleeved but not very clean in my honest opinion. Also there is a connection for the included rgb header, for rgb supporting mainboard connectors.

[​IMG]

I like the aesthetics of the NEOChanger.

The Enermax relief is sleek and matching. I mean, just look at it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Alloy top has two ports, in and fill port.

[​IMG]

Let’s head over to eisvulkan and get the neochanger installed.

[​IMG]

I decided to mount it horizontal instead of vertical due to limitations in the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Take the through 3M produced bracket pads and tape them under your chosen mounting bracket. I chose the horizontal mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Place the NEOChanger where you want to mount it and tighten it with either the included bracket screws and bracket nuts or use your own. I chose my own due to the black and stealth look. The vertical or case wand mount installation was not possible like stated above and the need of drilling holes into the case. But it’s as easy as the horizontal mount.

[​IMG]

Impressive how rigid 4 screws can hold the reservoir.

Now that the simple installation is complete, time to fill the loop. You can watch it here.

Now that the loop is complete, let’s see what the NEOChanger has to offer and what makes it distinctive from other brands.

[​IMG]

First off, the integrated flowmeter and speed indicator via display and the rgb lighting.

[​IMG]

The rgb can be controlled via rbg header of the mainboard or via remote. With the remote there is already a problem occurring. The sensor under the pump is difficult to hit, making the pump unresponsive in horizontal mount to your input but if you are close enough you can turn the brightness up and down, turn the light off or an and choose from 8 pre-configured colours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The white thou is disappointing. Since there’s no real white led build in, it relies on all colours shining together make it looks more blueish. Further on you can chose different styles like flash, sparkle or auto. Made custom lightning via rgb header? Save it with store.

You also can change the rpm of the pump via remote control from 1500 rpm up to 4000, in praxis 4500 rpm. Or change it in 150 +- steps to find the perfect spot for you and your ears. Because the pump gets very loud unfortunately.

[​IMG]

We settled up our on camera microphone in front of the pump and change through all preconfigured speeds. Listen to this.

https://soundcloud.com/inanedubstep/neochanger-noice-per-performance

[​IMG]

My personal performance to noise level where around 2850-2900 rpm. The noise was bearable on that level.

So that just sums up my final conclusion.

For around 90 Euro including taxes for the shown 200ml version you get a powerful performing pump and reservoir combo with some nice features. The lighting, except for the white, is true to what’s on the remote control, which also is magnetic.

[​IMG]

Neat!

The LED-Display shows real time pump performance and is not too bright. I would have wished for a customizable version, so you can match the display to your pump lighting. Maybe Enermax will include it in a newer version if they plan one.

The installation was plain simple and should not be a task even for people just started building a pc or their first cooling loop.

The NEOChanger is powerful and performs well. Maybe it is due to the ceramic Nano bearing but the pump seems to be louder than other d5’s compared.

The build quality leaves no complaints. The materials are from good quality and are very well designed.

In this price range there are not many contestants to the NEOChanger and you should definitely put one into your basket, next time you shop for water-cooling supplies.

This is it for the Review. I hope you got all the Information needed and that you consider buying one. You can also watch my review over at YouTube.

Thank you for your time reading. Until my next review and Video.

Tom

Calyx Computers

2. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Its not a D5.

Specs are all wrong for a D5.

3. CalyxComputers

CalyxComputers What's a Dremel?

Dont B negative. No really what specs do you mean? RPM and noise?

4. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Not original anymore....

Flow rate is much less than a D5. And they certainly dont get loud.