1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project ueber alles

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by maki43, 10 Oct 2003.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Agree with macroman well said :thumb:

2. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

front grill lloks well good, and the window aitn too bad either, however that moulding on top is a bit dodgy, use the file to make the hole decent and leave out the molding , it will look better.

3. Znurf

Znurf What's a Dremel?

man, your avatar is cool! :lol:

4. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

i'm sorry bro, just had a lousy day, forgive my rudeness, remove my comment.

5. macroman

macroman The One

Comment removed as requested. :baby:

6. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

Although i dint know what he said i think i know, (hello modkid nice to see u here to :))

I hope u are not serious, and gonna leave the window like that, NOFI but my little sister can cut straighter :p

But if u file down the edges and sort out the rubber molding i'd bet it will turn out ok :)

7. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

heh, sup resetter.

i'm just being a bit too honest here, check my mod out at cj soon, i'll be back, as in the terminator :p

back into modding.

later

8. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Any updates mate :D

9. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

"On these forums you have the right to express your opinion that does not give you the express right to be an ass!"

Couldn't have said it any better, awesome quote...wait this has to go in my sig :p....

Nice work on the case dude. Dremel cutting can be a pain, I know I've been there. The :dremel: gods here cheat and only by cheating can it work. You cut inside the lines and sand/file away till its perfect. Its the only way imo. Keep up the work and don't get put off by any nasty comments that may come by. At the end of the day its YOUR mod, you do what you want and as long as your happy we are happy, we can only maybe point out places where you can improve or heck even learn from you!

Good luck :thumb:

10. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

Sorry ive been ill for a few days so nothing updated so far :(

And im glad i didnt c mokids post ;) But whatever u thought its up to u. My mod is crap compaired to otheres but its my first mod ever and its something to do after school :D

This mod isnt even finished yet. Im not using tape in the completed article i just wanted to c what it would roughly look like with the tubing on and if the fan would fit propelly. The hole ive cut so far isnt finished yet still needs to be bigger and filed down.

The mod isnt supposed to be flashy or ne thing. I just got fed up of having this crappy ebuyer case sitting infront of me. Installing a fan i ruined the window so that was a mess and needed replasing. I needed more fans so the holes needed to be cut. So i just decided to spruce it up a little. This is by no means a good mod. Just a mod :)

Edit: Also these pics are not the finished article! They are just to show u what i will be doing. I need to tidy things up as its very apparent. I know some of the edges arnt straight but will all be fixed! I dont want to cut my hand open everytime i open my computer case ;)

Last edited: 13 Oct 2003
  11. Twernmilt

Twernmilt What's a Dremel?

what is that and does it work well and what grade of metals will it work on.

12. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

nibbler, mostly thin alu, iron.

13. Twernmilt

[​IMG]

This is the nibbler I use but it only cuts little 1-2mm chunks at a time and takes forever, but it has its uses.

14. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

beware though i managed to destroy my schools pair of nibblers when cutting up my chieftec front.

15. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

I Resized the Pic was too Big :)

Are you Leaving it Taped? or is that just to hold it untill u Finish what your Doing with it?

Nice Work Looking for Future Pics dont worry about the Dumb Comments & Dont give up :)

16. maki43

Argh the tubing has gone to pot and is bulging everywhere :( can anyone recommend where i could get some from to cover the edges?

Tape was just to c how it would look :) But now ive screwed the fan on its just bulging everywhere :blah:

The reason i used nibblers was that my jigsaw was crap and didnt cut through the metal at all. It took ages and i cant get a very good edge from it.

Ive just ordered some led fans. 4 x 80mm red fans 2 for back and 2 for psu, 2 x 80mm blue led fans for the front. Ive added two 120mm fans, one to the window panel and to the top. Pics will follow when i get the tubing right :|

and now hosting has gone to pot with my images :wallbash:

17. Twernmilt

you can get a laser cut fan grill that covers the edges of the hole if your moulding isnt working

18. maki43

Nah, i don't want a fan grill as ive got my own with this gold gauze i have. I just need the tubing. THe perfect thing would be some of the stuff they use on car doors, so going to my local car accessories shop today :D

19. macroman

macroman The One

XR78K from Maplin is exactly what you want. :)

20. maki43

thanks, will be ordering some :D