1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Having trouble editing posts. I click the edit link at the bottom of a post, but when I then click "More Options" I get this error:

[​IMG]

I can control-click the "Edit" link to open it in a new tab, but that doesn't give me the option to edit the thread prefix or title.

EDIT: Figured out how to edit titles & prefixes, but I still get this error when clicking "More Options" when editing a post.

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Hi, the forum 'stay logged in' has never worked (In my browser of choice) since the refresh. Have deleted existing cookies, but it makes no difference.

This is in Safari on Sierra. Fine on Chrome.

Issue is specific to bit-tech forums. Never have any issues on any other site.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I know it has been suggested that the reason the forum is not remembering my password is due to me having it on too many PCs or something? I dunno.

It's doing weird things. If I enter the site without the forum (so the main site) I am not signed in. However, if I then click "Forum" I enter the forum signed in. I also noticed today that whilst browsing the forum logged out it randomly logs me in upon page refresh. I do remember it telling me something about needing to accept cookies when I first came onto the new site but couldn't see anywhere to accept them. I don't know if it's related?

I don't like the mobile site from my phone either (Android lollipop Chrome). There is no forum tab on the front main page and you can't see anything that is going on in the forums. Just a list of each one. I would like a full site option please, as I have a very large phone and more than enough CPU power to run it.

5. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I keep getting redirected to the mobile site, a simple refresh takes me back to the desktop one. Annoying nevertheless.

On Windows 10 and Chrome

6. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

getting an error (i dont have permission to view this page or perform this action) when trying to look at the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift Review comments section by clicking on the speech bubble thing or by clicking "view this in the forums" link at the bottom. Also doesn't appear to be in the Article Discussion forum either.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Same here - can't access the comments by clicking on the link at the bottom of the article - it asks me to log in again and then says I don;t have permission. It isn't showing in the article discussion forum either. Tried it in Opera and Microsoft Edge.

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Ditto

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Over the past few days I've been having intermittent x404s and connection time outs trying to access any part of BT. At the same time I get the same with hexus. That's on FF/IE/Chrome on several computers and on my phone. Anything going on? Every other site is fine BTW.

10. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Anyone reading these bug reports? Not seen any updates recently.

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sorry about the delays on working on stuff and a lack of communication I've been working on other things the couple of weeks at bit-tech and I'm the main dev that does forum related stuf. I'll look into all of these.
    To confirm this is on the main site not the forum?

So does the dropdown at the top left not work? The website and forum logins are also separate. I've never had the logout thing apart from when coming home from the office then logging in with a different device so maybe this is a security setting i can look into.

By redirected do you mean just the look of the page or is the URL wrong aswell?

This is due to us putting article discussions in a hidden forum when they are first made on our backend then moving them to the public area when the article goes live. There should only be a 5 minute window where this is possible. If not can you confirm it's only on that article.

This was most likely due to some backend stuff we were doing but pages should now be quicker and more reliable. Are things still acting wonky?

Yes, I've just been very busy with some other stuff at bit-tech, will spend as much time possible this week working on the issues. :happy:

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thought it may due to you backend tinkering - wonkyness has straightened itself out thanks.

This is starting to sound like Carry On IT.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Is the dropdown on the main or mobile site? can't say I have noticed it.

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"Carry on IT"?

The main site on mobile. It's at the top left

The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift Review article discussion issue has been fixed. It was due to the article being posted as we were in the process of changing the way we make threads. Should be all good going forward and I've moved the thread into the public area.

icons.css issue is now fixed so you should never fail to download it and it will now be cached so page loads will be faster and you will download 9.6KB less per page.

EDIT: icons.css change will go live when we next restart bit-tech so most likely some time late afternoon around 5PM.

Last edited: 29 Aug 2017
  15. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Yeah as far as i've seen it was only that one article. I was browsing old stuff and some images were missing but not sure it matters.

16. MLyons

Images on articles were missing? You got a link? This shouldn't be happening.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Is there no need to delete messages or conversations as they are called now?
    I note that i have 8 pages of them and can see no way to get rid of say 7 pages worth?

18. MLyons

You can filter at the bottom and i thought you could leave/delete them but it appears to only be for mods so i need to look into this.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hey it's Saturday, go for a beer or two.

20. MLyons

Will do it Monday. Currently stuck inside waiting for a technician to fit the black box to my car :miffed: