1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress - What do you think it is?

Discussion in 'General' started by djengiz, 10 Oct 2003.

1. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Hi All. This is not a poll but a question about stress. Is it just a word we use now instead of being busy? Is it a buzz word or are we more stressed than that our parents were?

2. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

As far as I know stress means your under a lot of pressure... You can take that meaning either way.

3. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Depends, stress (to me) means a level of personal commitment which is greater than you should personally be dealing with.

A nervous breakdown is where that level of stress becomes so much that it renders the person incapable of dealing with it any longer.

4. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Well the reason I ask this is because I'm in course that handles RSI issues. One of the main reasons of rsi is stress. You prevent stress -> you are less likely to have rsi.

BTW: Thankyou for your input

5. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

stress to me is when you are worrying about say a deadline and its all you can think about normall acomidated by a head ache

6. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

My inturpretation of stress is when a person is under an abnormal ammount of pressure, greater than he can deal with effectively causing a detrimental effect in the efficiancy and quality of that persons work.

7. micb

micb Minimodder

Stress like most words have more than one meaning.

I think stress is physical pressure on something or mental pressure on someone.

8. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Stress is what occurs when your mind overrides your bodies desire to choke the living crap outta someone. :thumb:

9. tessa

tessa What's a Dremel?

Personally, I think we are much more pressure then our parents were...I am constantly stressed.... Bills, kid, b/f, work...There is no escaping it. Then again, these days you have a lot of kids still living at home in order to avoid all fun the rest of us have to go through .......

10. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

I have a coffe mug with that on it :D

11. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Stress makes you realise your still alive.

12. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Yes, We deal with more stress on a work basis than our parents. We are expected to perform more duties for less money and in less time than our parents were. The immediacy of computer networks means that things have to be done RIGHT NOW, not just before the delivery guy or courrier comes. Things in a global market for every industry instead of only localized. Where someone might have to work doing things for a region before, now it's for a country.
    Anyways, Stress is when you are constantly worrying about the deadlines, because not meeting ONE of them can mean you are looking for a new job, or not feeding your family. Chances are that deadlines are shorter, and competition is greater than ever before, and that translates into stress.

13. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

I a couple of weeks I will be finishing the course. Is there any interest in an article about stress management and RSI prevention?