1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD names Dell, HP, Lenovo as Ryzen Pro partners

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 1 Sep 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Are the Ryzen Pros APUs? Because if not, I really don't see how these OEM systems will be cheaper than an Intel with an iGPU equivalent.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not these ones, no; they're the standard Ryzen parts but with added Pro-ness (security and reliability features) plus the promise that they won't disappear from the market next year when AMD launches Ryzen 2: Electric Boogaloo.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

all i care is, right now intel onboard 620 is good enough for me to play games on low quality but on decent battery on my ultrabook.

can AMD pull off something like that but either cheaper, faster, or both?

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Do you guys think AMDs CPU department is feeling held back by the GPU department.
    While Ryzen is nicely slotted with power draw, pricing and performance, Vega was a complete miss for most use cases.
    I'm sure AMD is aware that APUs are where the money's at, but probably just couldn't wait any longer to release Ryzen, let alone build Ryzen APUs.

Tags: Add Tags