1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me please with my mobo led

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by AQNFX, 10 Sep 2017.

1. AQNFX

AQNFX Twist The Grip, Let It Rip!

Hello one and all. I bought a MSI B150m arctic back in October(??) and it has been working fine other than the fact that the led next pci x16 top slot where my 390x is red, its supposed to be white.... white themed mobo and the other lights are fine running white.

I am running bois 1.5 but then i ran 1.3 the led ran the normal white. and as i said it might just be cosmetics but i got a white board for a reason. I tried to change the color in command center but it only has the option to change the animation and off, no color change.

Called msi tech support and they couldn't figure it out. they said just RMA it but the turn around time right now is 1 month to 1 1/2 months. I only have one pc and cant afford this turn around time due to work and school.

I dont have another card to pop in there to test. but GPU is running 100% fine, to my knowledge. I am considering getting a nvidia volta when that launches mid summer 2018.

And the 390x... likes to sit at 80*c under full load. so I was thinking about getting the NZXT G12 and the Krakin X62 for it just to keep it cool. but is it over kill for right now for the mobo problem i seem to be having?

Please and thank you for you help!

also. I have a ZXR in the 2nd x16 slot if that may be an issue. I did not try to swap the slots, i didnt see need to do so because i want my gpu on top.

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I would suggest swapping the cards around just to see what happens with the LED. If it's that much of an issue, just disable it and have it off. :)