1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows User Permissions

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by VipersGratitude, 16 Sep 2017.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Recently my Windows installation has become a little confused...It won't let me save files to the desktop, instead throwing up a dialog box that says:
    ...and if I click yes to save to the Pictures folder the same dialog box appears. The problem is the user account I'm using is an admin account - Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

2. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That was the first thing i came across googling it... o_O

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Me too, but honestly, I didn't bother to read the whole thread....Just the do-the-same-crap-you've-already-tried part, and discounted it.

5. CodyWA

CodyWA What's a Dremel?

Try to reset the admin account into your own account? Here is how change it: https://kb.iu.edu/d/arni
    Not sure if this is what you asked for....

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is it safe to say that didn't work then or that it's still causing a problem, if so you could try using tweaking.com's Windows repair tool, most of what it does can be done manually and you probably won't want to run all the things in the repair section but it's sorted some stuff for me in the past.