1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Now Win 7 Windows 10 Text problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ryu_ookami, 1 Oct 2017.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Guys I need help, well my Gf does shes having problems with windows 10, where its randomly making parts of letters bold not the complete letter just parts of it.

For example a W will have one of the uprights in bold or the O of a Q will be fine but the tail will be in bold. we've tried to fix things but nothing seems to be helping. As she has limited eyesight Its kind of important I get it fixed as fast as possible as its making it all but impossible for her to read or anything on her pc.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

3. Ryu_ookami

was one of teh first things we did also tried to change the default font used but that didn't make a difference either and it has to be windows as i tried the monitor on another system (windows 7 ntot 10) and theer was no problem.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Guessing you've checked the usual too - GPU Drivers up to date, monitor set to the proper res, fiddled with the DPI.

5. Ryu_ookami

Yes to the dpi, yep to the native resolution and yep to the gfx drivers. I decided to say smurf it and re-install windows 7. The Gf says and I quote 'the text is scratchy? jagged?' I've ticked smooth font edges etc and install the gfx drivers again as I'd re-installed 7. I've also adjusted the dpi to custom setting to be honest I'm starting to wonder if i'm better off banging my head against the wall. as I doing this to my ststem and if there's an improvement then doing the same to her system as they both have the exact same specs.

I've decided to smurf the warrenty I've had enough of smurfing around I have a quick question new sy stem came with a geforce 710 v2 (2gb) which sucks her old system had a geforce gtx 280 (1 gb) I know it sounds stupid as 2gb should be better than 1gb but is there any chance this is down to her graphics card?

Last edited: 2 Oct 2017
  6. Ryu_ookami

Problem solved I voided the warranty (stupid idea on a refurb anyway) removed the tiny hunk of junk that is the gt 710 then removed her PSU as it was only 500 watts and didn't have the connectors to power her gfx card, replaced psu with 1000watt version and her gfx with her gtx 280 (I know all this hardware is old but its what I had available) and the display problem has been fixed and as a bonus her guild wars 2 is now running at 100fps

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

GW2 at 100FPS with a gtx280?! What sorcery is this? 720p all settings low looking at the floor?!

8. Ryu_ookami

No idea of the settings she just set it to best performance. she was at sparkfly fen about 10 minutes after teq if that makes any difference.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

1000W for a GTX280, :D. I'm only running a 750W for a GTX980 and that's overkill.

10. Ryu_ookami

Yeah but the idea is that we replace the gfx card in a few months with a much better one and then hopefully don't have to touch or replace anything for a couple of years.